cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Shock

This is one of the more interesting listings I have seen for the infamous Trump Shoes. Seller has been active since 2/14/2024 and is listing a pair of the shoes on an auction for $100K. What is interesting is they have set a reserve on the auction which means that if they do not sell the seller is going to get hit with FVF's on the reserve, which I am assuming is over the $100K. It may come as quite a shock to the seller if this situation plays out. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1708605150629.png

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Seller Shock

@ckimodog wrote:

@dbfolks166mt 

The other day there was a pair that were listed pre sale for $500,000.  Are people insane? I reported it and it was removed.  So was the seller.  They all need to be removed.  Can't wait for all the complaints that will posted all over this forum on how they were cheated and misled, especially the ones selling photos and posters & don't forget raffle tickets.  What a mess!

I don't think there will be many, possibly a few ... 
Look sometime at the watches section on ebay, see how many watches are listed for sale.

Do you know how many actually sell?
Spoiler: Not that many.

Wrist Watches are one of the most overrun categories, hundreds of thousands of listings, very few sales. In fact the first thing a buyer has to concern themselves with when buying a watch is that the battery is dead because that's how long the merchandise sat waiting to be sold.
Takeaway: Just because other sellers are doing something doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

These shoes will probably never be made for July or August. There is already a pending lawsuit with the red sole which is a trademark.

Remember the "Stanley Cups"...sellers selling them...which wasn't allowed and most of those sellers lost their accounts selling them on eBay. Lawsuits now appearing due to cups made with"lead"....cups will be become worthless.

We don't even know what the "Trump" shoes are made of. And one has to wonder how many accounts will be affected when the shoes are not made or delivered....that includes sellers and buyers who are buying them. It will be a big headache for eBay come August. 

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

I highly doubt there will even be a cease & desist letter much less a lawsuit over the red soles on sneakers, as there have been many already by other brands with red soles.

Louboutin's "trade dress" is in the realm of high fashion women's shoes.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 18 of 31
latest reply

But what are they made of? Isn't that a scary thought? Or where they are made? LOL

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

@broto_64 

Unfortunately, it's very obvious most of these sellers are not familiar with rules and policies & they're going to find out the hard way, if they're not suspended prior.  Most all of them not only don't accept returns, they won't accept returns either.  lol.

Seeing more and more the photos for sale that shows the shoes and are even listed in the shoe category, grant it the wrong shoe category.  Monkey see, monkey do.  It's all a mess.  

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps 

Wrote: And one has to wonder how many accounts will be affected when the shoes are not made or delivered

My guess it's going to be in the thousands.  There's more than a thousand listings of these shoes here and they were advertised as a limited edition.  What's going to be interesting is the sellers who are allegedly selling these shoes who will come here complaining that they were screwed over by the buyer's credit card company.  They were the one's doing the screwing, not the buyers.  The buyers simply didn't read.  Not an usual topic on this forum.  Still the MBG applies.

Stay tuned, friends. 

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

The shoes shown thus far are not even the ones that are going to be made for July/August. Why would anyone buy something without seeing what it will look like? The ones coming out in July/August are suppose to retail for $99.00. Glad I don't work for eBay....well, actually I do...only on my days off from my real job. LOL

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

Curious? Why was it your concern to report this activity between eBay and the seller? Personal? Curious.

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

Popular subject matter would be your answer. 

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

If anyone purchased a picture of the shoes would it have to sent to eBay's Shoe Authentication Service?

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

Those  sellers   should be aware   that  there  is  a copyright  issue  regards to  red rubber bottoms  by named  company   that is going after  Trump and company  that is making  ,after sending them the first warning  .     at some point the Vero's  will be hitting sellers here on site  

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

Well   some well  known named  company   has    sent  a copyright   violation  warning  to  Trump  the grifter and the company  making   the high tops   over the red Souls on bottom's of shoes .    At some point the sellers  here listing them will get the VERO  .

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

@treasuresnewandvintage 

This is why myself and many others are reporting these items to be removed:

Pre sale policy states you have 40 days to ship a pre sale order.  These shoes will not be available until July 2024.  Policy violation. 

Sellers are selling replicas-prohibited on eBay and most sites

Many are selling "photos" of these shoes, but listing them as shoes.  Search and browser manipulation and totally dishonest. 

Many are selling raffle tickets which means some may receive, some may not.  My guess? None will receive.

There are only 1,000 of these shoes available.  Limited distribution, however thousands of sellers are selling them.  Violation. 

Bottom line...these customers are falling hard for scammers who are ruining this site and making it harder for those of us who know and follow the rules that eBay implements and enforces.  The INR's and misrepresentation claims are going to be unsightly.  We need to protect our buyers from these virtual thieves who do not belong on this or any other platform.

I hope this answers your question & is helpful

Have a great day!

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

@stephenmorgan 

lol...chances are it would be authenticated. 😆

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Now I'm just imagining some poor soul scammer person attempting to dropship the shoes and them unknowingly choosing a listing that's a picture of the shoes...😅

Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night.
Set the man on fire...
Message 30 of 31
latest reply