cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[][][] Scrounge Lounge 2021 [][][]

Welcome to the Scrounge Lounge 

Our History: The Scrounge Lounge formed on the old Auction Listings board 17 years ago in 2003.
We appreciate eBay allowing us to transfer to the new Selling Board.
Who are we? eBay buyers and sellers who love the thrill of the hunt and the thrill of the $ELL.
We find treasures in the usual, and at times, unusual places.
Here in the Lounge we share our finds, talk about sales, share our successes and our mistakes, we ask and answer questions, help identify widgets, and we'd love to hear about all your scrounging adventures!

Message 1 of 324
latest reply
323 REPLIES 323

Re: [][][] Scrounge Lounge 2021 [][][]

Sun 

If you look at Sid Dillion for your vehicle, mention the youtuber Cole the Cornstar.. they are giving $500.00 off if you mention him.. he bought a truck there and shared it. 

Message 226 of 324
latest reply

It has sure been quiet here for a while.  Hope everyone is busy selling or getting out in the world again.  Haven't seen Pat in sometime.

Kyal, glad your 'kids' had GPS on their cell phone.  That could be a life saver.  I'm with you, the beach sounds like a winner!  I so miss Nags Head, our house and hearing the ocean sing me to sleep each night.

Still have everything on vacation.  DH has made great progress and is walking with his cane pretty well.  Think he has finally gotten serious about loosing some lbs.  Fingers crossed he keeps with it.

Message 227 of 324
latest reply

Grrrr! Lost my post.

In a nutshell... I've been busy and/or lazy these days. Not listing, though the occasional sale still creeps in. Actually, I've been gathering stuff for the yard sale this weekend (at my cousin's house). My pile keeps growing. Fingers crossed I can unload, I mean re-home it all.

Pat, I've not been in here much, but I too have noticed your absence. I hope all is well. 

Patd, glad to hear that your DH is making progress. 

Kyal, cheers on your auction house opening.

I picked up a few goodies last week including these...

DSCN4219.JPG DSCN4233.JPG

Message 228 of 324
latest reply

Ebay eats every post I try for.  

Message 229 of 324
latest reply

trying again.  Thanks   Teacups will try that.     Patd    sure glad your DH is getting better.  

Go on that garage sale way of selling stuff.    GREAT   Kay. 

Message 230 of 324
latest reply

My posts frequently get wiped.

I have gotten in the habit of right clicking, coping then posting.

If it is lost, just post again...

Message 231 of 324
latest reply

It has been so much fun buying and selling live and in person again.  Doing reasonably well with both.

Here's a neat little old educational disc I got this weekend (along with a jeep load of stuff).  I thought it was worth 2 bucks just as a conversation piece.  I tried to get some info on it on the antiques board, but no luck.  

DSCN6975.JPG

Message 232 of 324
latest reply

I have been busy working, scrounging, and trying to list.    

Went out to the garden the other night and noticed the Columnar Apple trees (planted about 3 years ago), one of them has apples starting.   The other not yet, different variety, so may mature slower?? 

The Flower is a Salvia Hot Lips.. the hummingbirds love them. 

Little applesLittle applesProduces on 4-5" branchesProduces on 4-5" branchesSalvia Hot lipsSalvia Hot lips

Message 233 of 324
latest reply

Hello everyone.  
Kay are those Trader Sams?  I’m always looking for those.

We are getting ready for a hot week.

Kyle that’s a very cool item whatever the value.

Tea, the squirrels eat almost everything I grow. They sit in the trees and and laugh at us. 
Judy

Message 234 of 324
latest reply

Heading to the Smokies tomorrow for a short (3-day) trip.  First vacation of any kind for over a year and a half, long or short. 

Message 235 of 324
latest reply

Kyal, hope you enjoyed your mini vacation. I fell in love with the Smokies when we were there a couple years ago. Can't wait for a return trip.

That educational game board is cool. I've never seen anything like it.

Tea, nice garden pics.

Judy, no, not Trader Sam. Hawaiian souvenir Tiki mugs that I picked up cheap at a yard sale. Listed them last night and sold one BO this morning.

I spoke (via email) with Pat last week. She's been under the weather with a sinus infection. She'll be back when she's feeling better.

We had our yard sale last weekend. I did okay. Low dollar stuff but moved a lot out and donated a bunch of what was left. Glad to clear out a big pile of stale widgets that I lost interest in. DH and my cousin did well with their junk. My aunt showed up late and brought little but still managed some sales. Overall it was a success.

Weather has been up and down. In the 90s last weekend, 55 and raining today. Not the kickoff of summer that folks hope for but based on the traffic heading toward the beach the past few days the weather isn't keeping anyone away. 

Hope everyone has an enjoyable Memorial Day Weekend. 

Message 236 of 324
latest reply

20210530_161233.jpg

Happy Memorial Day!

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 237 of 324
latest reply

Dtex, those big bright eyes... he's a cutie!

Temps are back up to 90 tomorrow. Not ideal scrounging weather IMO, but since we're going to a beach-town town-wide sale so hopefully there will be sea breeze that will help. 

Message 238 of 324
latest reply

Glad to be here! Long time seller started at the flea in the 70's and here I am today 😎

Message 239 of 324
latest reply

Collectors, welcome to the lounge.

It's been super hot. Miserable scrounging weather (IMO). Saturday I picked up a couple ornaments, that was about it. DH and Auntie got nothing. We called it quits early. The heat was too much. Even with a sea breeze. Temps are supposed to drop a bit in the coming days so this weekend should be better. 

Super quiet in here. Hope all are well. 

Message 240 of 324
latest reply