cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales

No sales in 9 days in what should be a great time of year for us.  Anybody else experiencing this?

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: Sales

Stagnant. The highlight of my week has been someone opening a INR on something that tracking shows delivered.

Message 16 of 45
latest reply

@flukeman43 ,

Mr. Zuckerberg started one.

Message 17 of 45
latest reply

@flukeman43 ,

Google "where you find everything but the ordinary".

Message 18 of 45
latest reply

I have been slower than normal over the last 2 weeks. 

Posting ID
Message 19 of 45
latest reply

in other words, "extortion."

Message 20 of 45
latest reply

i'm having the same experience.  i've been selling on ebay for 24 years and this has always been my busiest time.  it's basically putting me out of business.

Message 21 of 45
latest reply

it's the worst i've ever seen it by far.  my theory is that there is sooo much more stuff out there than ever before, especially with GenZ getting into online sales like they have,  and ebay is just not the site people are going to anymore.  a slow economy doesn't help either, but my stuff used to sell regardless of the larger economy.  now, next to nothing.

Message 22 of 45
latest reply

Sorry it has been a big down turn for you, as well!  The good news is, when you get a sale, it is for a larger $ amount.  I struggle to get a lousy $15-25.   Congratulations on the Dragon robe.  Hope it was a huge plus for you.  Best of luck to you.

Message 23 of 45
latest reply

Well i went to Sam's Club today (Saturday night) at 5:30 and normally every pump has a line of cars. To my surprise there were multiple pumps open and no car lines. I was in and out in less then 5 mins 🤔 then i went into Sams Club for about a 1/2 hour and they were not very busy at all. When i left the parking lot the gas pumps still had no lines. That is very strange....

Message 24 of 45
latest reply

We couldn't even get into the parking lot of our local Costco - packed. We should have gone during the Seahawk's game when stores are more empty.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 25 of 45
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

We couldn't even get into the parking lot of our local Costco - packed. We should have gone during the Seahawk's game when stores are more empty.

Yep, I was just over hanging out in my friend's liquor store for the evening because he always does free tastings on Friday and Saturday nights. I barely even got the chance to talk to him because he was so busy pouring and ringing people up.

Message 26 of 45
latest reply

Man, I don't know what's up. It's like lights out. I'm down 40% two months back to back. What happened to the good old 4th quarter sales. Where they at?

Message 27 of 45
latest reply

Consider what you’re selling. Collectibles have always been slow burn items, especially certain categories. Team jerseys and cards are extremely over saturated markets. Younger generations do not have the disposable income of the previous generations, nor do most have the desire for such frivolous things. The big collector generations are dying off. Times are changing, and you must too. There are still people making millions. You’re just not appealing to the masses. Younger generations favor experiences over things. There are many ways to appeal and sell to them, based on that. There will always be a market for collectors, but its a changing market, which ebbs and flows. All niche markets suffer from time to time.  The baby boomers are no longer driving the market. Adapt to the times. New items have actually never been cheaper, or easier get. You’re competing with millions of sellers, including the big ones, like Amazon.  There are now apps that help people find the best price.  I can use one of your images and have an app search thousands of sites for the best price. The game is forever changed. 

Message 28 of 45
latest reply

Now I'm at 16 days - $0.00 on eBay.  In the last 9 days - 13 sales on Marketplace for $360 & another $80 lined up for tomorrow.  Removing 1 rare collectible off of eBay that is going to be picked up, locally, tomorrow.  No % lost.  🙂

Message 29 of 45
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Yep, I was just over hanging out in my friend's liquor store for the evening because he always does free tastings on Friday and Saturday nights. I barely even got the chance to talk to him because he was so busy pouring and ringing people up.

It's funny - I was out on a longish run today - I started at 10:00 a.m. and finished up at around 1:30. I was running on a trail along a local lake. I expected to see more people in the morning (busy times on that trail) even on a gray, chilly day. Sure I saw people walking and biking, but not a lot - suddenly in the early afternoon the trail blossomed with people! I found later on that the Seahawks had been shellacked by Baltimore - probably everybody got so frustrated that they switched off their TVs and went out to get some fresh air lol. Everything here shuts down during the Seahawks games - it's a good time to get things done (we're college ball fans).

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 30 of 45
latest reply