cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales dropped the past few weeks

I was pushing about 5-7 items a day but in the last few weeks, I've been lucky to get 1 or 2 sales a day. And my sales are down 12.6% according to my seller dashboard. Anyone else experiencing this? Has eBay some kind of changes? I would think sales would be steady since it's the shopping season.

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Sales dropped the past few weeks

YES and my listings are ending because I cannot pay my fees and to top it off ebay is adding best offer and relisting stuff I do not have 

I lost over 1900.00 in postal theft in November if I could sel something I could make up for the money lost until I am reimbursed by the post office 

Ebay fees not paid 

car registration not paid

rent not paid 

If I do not sell at least 2500.00 in the next week I am doomed 

I am job hunting .....why? I have lotsa stuff for sale and materials to make more stuff 

Something is very wrong in San Jose 

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat
Message 2 of 41
latest reply

To add to my previous post, I have been running sales and promoted listings. Usually those increase sales for me. 

Message 3 of 41
latest reply

My sales are down a bit.

I think that more  buyers may be using the "guaranteed delivery" filter in their search.

1-2 sales vs 5-7 sales is more like a 75-80% drop.

Message 4 of 41
latest reply

“ I lost over 1900.00 in postal theft in November “

How does that happen? Postal employees? No insurance?

Message 5 of 41
latest reply

"I think that more  buyers may be using the "guaranteed delivery" filter in their search.

1-2 sales vs 5-7 sales is more like a 75-80% drop."

I ship next day since I'm a TR+ seller, and the dashboard goes by dollar amount in sales. I didn't sell 5-7 items every day but that was considered a good day. I averaged about 3. 

Message 6 of 41
latest reply

I have insurance but they take forever to pay 

yes 6 packages scanned in and mysterious dissapeared 

one package was 800.00 one 449.00 one 443.00 one 110.00 anything over 75.00 is insured and signature required  😞

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat
Message 7 of 41
latest reply

You'd think! I'm down over 40% in Paypal for the same period last year. Promoted listings - which are useless - markdown manager - you name it I've done it - but sales have been bad since I came back from vacation the beginning of Sept. I expected to see some sort of uptick in Nov. I do think people are searching with guarenteed delivery and free returns - neither of which I'm in at this time. 

You also got a bump for being a new seller - but that only lasts a month or two. Congrats on the great sell thru rate you do have!

Message 8 of 41
latest reply

I'm not new to eBay, I've been on here for 10 years. I just started mass selling this year and upgraded to a store account this fall. I was under the impression Top Rated Plus gave you a boost in searches. And I always ship next business day or same day if I get the order early enough, so delivery date shouldn't be a problem with my listings. I've been getting good feedback scores, so I would think that would help. Does getting a return cause an impact in sales? I had an unlucky week about 3 weeks ago when I got 4 of them in the same week and that seemed to slow my sales down, but they only went back up slightly. I usually accept returns without arguing with the buyer (learned that the hard way when I tried to fight one before and ended up with a defect). Something doesn't seem right here.  I don't know if eBay changed their algorithms or if maybe I just got lucky when I was getting all those sales. Perhaps my expectations are too high in regards to holiday sales?

Message 9 of 41
latest reply

It appears that most of your stuff is pre-owned so there would be a drop in sales as buyers focus on new items for gifts.

Message 10 of 41
latest reply

We had been having steady sales. One slow spot in August.

Averaging 4/5 items a week without a lot of effort.

things had picked up in October. Was hoping to use that to energize selves into listing more.

but last week has been dead. Just one sale today.

Very strange. 

Totally takes away motivation.

And hopes of growing this into something bigger.

Not what we were expecting this time of year.

Message 11 of 41
latest reply

@brianc3784 wrote:

To add to my previous post, I have been running sales and promoted listings. Usually those increase sales for me. 

FREE LISTING PROMOS CAN BE THE REASON.....I HAVE SAID BEFORE BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.  

Message 12 of 41
latest reply

It's pretty much a given that ebay plays favorites, which means any given day (read: today) is a krap shoot.
So....any high expectations are silly expectations...unless you're an ebay player.
Message 13 of 41
latest reply

My sales have droped drastically and I al slashing prices. This is now December and I thought I would be busy.

What is going on I am listin eery day and all good feed back. Starving and about to loose my home.

Message 14 of 41
latest reply

...the economy stinks for most middle class (and below) people...

THEY were your customers... 

NOW... they compete with you...

"selling their old stuff... so they can buy..."

they turn on the news...

they hear their taxes & health insurance costs will go up...

their incomes will be without raises...

their property values may decrease...

THIS is why this holiday selling season is unlike others.

Message 15 of 41
latest reply