cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales and rankings with or without TRS?

Disregarding the 10% discount, has anyone here noticed a change in sales when having TRS vs not having it? I've seen members on here say that it's no longer worth it about because of many changes in eBay's algorithm. I know that years ago, it made a huge difference but I'd like to know if that's still true. 

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Sales and rankings with or without TRS?

@primecase wrote:

Just to clarify to everyone, the reason I ask was to know whether eBay places TRS users higher in search placement just for having the badge.

If you're referring to the badge on the listing, that's for TRS+. TRS is a seller status; TRS+ is a listing status. So is your question about being a TRS, or having TRS+ listings?

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@primecase wrote:

Just to clarify to everyone, the reason I ask was to know whether eBay places TRS users higher in search placement just for having the badge.

If you're referring to the badge on the listing, that's for TRS+. TRS is a seller status; TRS+ is a listing status. So is your question about being a TRS, or having TRS+ listings?

Sorry I forget that they're 2 different things because I always either had both or none. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is the following:

1. Do TRS sellers generally get better placement in search results than Above Standard sellers?

2. Since you brought up that there is a difference between being a TRS and having TRS+ listings, do listings with the TRS+ place higher than listings without them?

I understand very well that search placement depends on what the customer types. But surely some sellers test their listings with generic terms to see where their items show up. For example, in the past if I searched "Mickey Mouse lunchbox", all of my 5 Mickey Mouse lunchboxes would show up within the first 20 results (just an example...I don't actually sell this but my items do tend to get searched in a very similar way due to the type of product it is). Now, they won't even show up on the first or second page, with a similar number of results as the past.

The reason I am asking these questions is because my impressions at this moment average around 2,000 per day right now versus 40,000 per day exactly one year ago. My click-through and conversion has stated consistent all through the past 4 years, but my sales have gone from $600 per day down to $50 per day at this moment. It's very clear customers just cannot find my products anymore and I'm trying to figure out if getting TRS will bring my search rankings up.

I am also considering selling items on the same account that would prevent me from ever getting TRS, because these items will not have tracking information since they are very low prices and light weight. I'm trying to decide if this would hurt instead of help since all I can get is Above Standard without providing tracking info.

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

The site is marketing itself now mostly as a place to find low cost deals,

Which is really a back to basics 'garage sale' like eBay was when I first started selling here in 1998.

The only difference is that buyers now have a greater choice and much more of the goods offered are New In Box instead of 'stuff I found in the basement'.

So again, it depends on what the customer is looking for, not what the seller has as badges or feedback and certainly not as DSRs, which nobody ever understood and which eBay ignores  in any case.

Message 33 of 33
latest reply