cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales and rankings with or without TRS?

Disregarding the 10% discount, has anyone here noticed a change in sales when having TRS vs not having it? I've seen members on here say that it's no longer worth it about because of many changes in eBay's algorithm. I know that years ago, it made a huge difference but I'd like to know if that's still true. 

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Sales and rankings with or without TRS?

@stuff4divas wrote:

@*coins wrote:

@luckythewinner wrote:

The 10% discount is not the only benefit of TRS. TRS also gets you lower shipping rates. 

They also get a $30 quarterly promoted listings credit.

I never noticed that. Have u used it? If so, did it help w ur sales?

I have never used it. I don't understand promoted listings and don't want to.  I'm not going to pay for eBay to put "promoted" beside my listings.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 16 of 33
latest reply

I can say that around June 2017, when I hit TRS status, I did not notice an increase in sales and I probably had about 600 listings up. I can't remember if I had all free returns at that point.

I would venture to say that TRS+ can generate a few more sales every month when it is a virtual tie or very close for pricing.

I say this because finding the TRS+ badge earns a seller a few points when I am vetting a seller while in the purchase process.

Message 17 of 33
latest reply

@mormardra wrote:

Disregarding the 10% discount, has anyone here noticed a change in sales when having TRS vs not having it? I've seen members on here say that it's no longer worth it about because of many changes in eBay's algorithm. I know that years ago, it made a huge difference but I'd like to know if that's still true. 

Before I became a TRS+ seller, sales were far and few between. Would you buy an item from a seller who is not a TRS+ with low feedback scores & plenty of negatives? I wouldn't and am sure many others would agree. Nowadays, my sales are fairly consistent. It also helps to know which items sell well too.

Message 18 of 33
latest reply

@*coins wrote:

@stuff4divas wrote:

@*coins wrote:

@luckythewinner wrote:

The 10% discount is not the only benefit of TRS. TRS also gets you lower shipping rates. 

They also get a $30 quarterly promoted listings credit.

I never noticed that. Have u used it? If so, did it help w ur sales?

I have never used it. I don't understand promoted listings and don't want to.  I'm not going to pay for eBay to put "promoted" beside my listings.

Ha Ha! Same here, too much more info to add to the already overwhelming info we need to absorb.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around whether to keep my TRS+ status or not with the new policies coming out: free return shipping, no more restocking fees, etc. because I don't understand it enough to weigh the benefits vs detriments 😮

Message 19 of 33
latest reply

@lex-talon wrote:

@mormardra wrote:

Before I became a TRS+ seller, sales were far and few between. Would you buy an item from a seller who is not a TRS+ with low feedback scores & plenty of negatives? I wouldn't and am sure many others would agree. Nowadays, my sales are fairly consistent. It also helps to know which items sell well too.

If your sales were "far and few between", how would you achieve TRS+????

Message 20 of 33
latest reply

@lex-talon wrote:
Before I became a TRS+ seller, sales were far and few between. Would you buy an item from a seller who is not a TRS+ with low feedback scores & plenty of negatives?

No, but I'd buy from a seller whose listing isn't TRS+ if they have a high feedback score; I do it quite frequently. Why the need to specify "plenty of negatives"? Do you think all eBay sellers are either TRS or have lots of negs?

Message 21 of 33
latest reply

I've never been TRS on this account and sales are very good. That probably doesn't answer your question tho.
Message 22 of 33
latest reply

Shipping from Canada, my benefits are slightly different.

My badge doesn't show on dotCOM, but I think it does on every other site.

That being said, I don't see any great difference in sales to the US and to the rest of the world on the IDs with the badge and those without.

The only worthwhile benefit to me is the FVF discount.

Buyer Trust? Buyers think that 95% FB is just peachy dandy. I really doubt they notice or understand any badges.

Message 23 of 33
latest reply

@lex-talon wrote:

@mormardra wrote:

All TRS means is that you sold $1000.00 and 100 items in a year, and met your tracking upload/scanned % requirements. Plus a 3% discount on USPS rates and 100.00 worth of insurance on priority mail(the same as given by other sites regardless of your status).

All TRS+ means that you ship in one day, and take free returns for 30 days, plus the above. Neither of which I would need buying on here.

I rotate my listings over a number of selling id's, some of these id's are used infrequently and are at times NOT TRS due to not enough transactions.

Sell thru rates for all these id's are almost identical and always have been over the past 6 years or so since I started using multiple id's.

Bottom line for me is that TRS or Above Standard makes no difference. 100% vs something lower (1 Neg) makes no difference, 5 figure feedback vs 3 figure feedback vs 2 figure feedback makes no difference, accounts being 19 years old, 10 years old, 1 year old makes no difference.

The ONLY thing that matters in my experience is having the right item at the right time at the right price, everything else is puffery.

I have no idea if Seller Defects for unresolved cases or consistant late shipment dings means anything because I've never had more than the allowable amounts for TRS and usually none at all.

Message 25 of 33
latest reply

I have two relatively new accounts that are not TRS, and two older accounts that are TRS - no difference in sales most of the time. 

Message 26 of 33
latest reply

Lost it and have had the best two months I have had in several years.

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 27 of 33
latest reply

I drifted in an out of it when my sales dwindled. Sales seem to come in waves, then blackouts. As far as making any difference I never really felt it and I'm fine with losing that "status".

As a buyer I pay little attention to it, and a badge means nothing. I look at the seller and the product and shipping etc.

Message 28 of 33
latest reply

Just to clarify to everyone, the reason I ask was to know whether eBay places TRS users higher in search placement just for having the badge.

Message 29 of 33
latest reply

Fwiw, from what I observe the largest volume sellers are not TRS, so it must not be that important. I think it's one of those things like DSR's that to sellers matter, but to 95% of the buyer pool means very little. The site is marketing itself now mostly as a place to find low cost deals, so it makes price the primary sales driver for those buyers - not other bells & whistles. 

Message 30 of 33
latest reply