cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales and rankings with or without TRS?

Disregarding the 10% discount, has anyone here noticed a change in sales when having TRS vs not having it? I've seen members on here say that it's no longer worth it about because of many changes in eBay's algorithm. I know that years ago, it made a huge difference but I'd like to know if that's still true. 

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

@mormardra wrote:

Disregarding the 10% discount, has anyone here noticed a change in sales when having TRS vs not having it? I've seen members on here say that it's no longer worth it about because of many changes in eBay's algorithm. I know that years ago, it made a huge difference but I'd like to know if that's still true. 

The 10% discount is not the only benefit of TRS. TRS also gets you lower shipping rates.

Last time I checked, sdending a 2 lb package to the UK via first class international was almost $2 cheaper on my TRS account vs my non-TRS account.

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

Again.

TRS does NOT get you a 10% discount. TRS PLUS gets the discount.

TRS is easily achieved. Whether it makes a difference in sales, I really don't know. Sales go up. Sales go down.

I don't know if buyers look for the TRS status. Not every good seller has the volume required so it may not be all that relevant. 

There is lots of evidence that buyers just look for cheap and then get honked off when they buy from a seller that has terrible ratings.

There are also buyers that actually do some research before buying.

In other words, there are no carved in stone "if this, then that" that applies to all of eBay.

Radine

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

I voluntarily went without it for 6 weeks and my sales dropped.   10% off final value fees and a 3% shipping discount (that's what I figured on my domestic shipments) isn't important to me.   For some reason, that little seal on my listings does seem to matter.   

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

@tamaralea wrote:

I voluntarily went without it for 6 weeks and my sales dropped.   10% off final value fees and a 3% shipping discount (that's what I figured on my domestic shipments) isn't important to me.   For some reason, that little seal on my listings does seem to matter.   

You're sure it's the badge that affected sales and not the policies you changed (returns or handling time)? I think extending your handling time or changing your return policy probably affected search placement and that's more likely what impacted sales.

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

The 10% discount is not the only benefit of TRS. TRS also gets you lower shipping rates.

They also get a $30 quarterly promoted listings credit.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 6 of 33
latest reply

I went from 1 day to 3 day handling and from 30 days to 10 days for returns.  Maybe that matters to some customers, but I really think the seal gets attention and reassures many customers.  

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

I wish TRS had a badge, and then any listings that also qualified as TRSplus could have some extra bling or something.    If buyers do wish to buy from TRS, they don't make that easy to see.

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

I think it's easy to see.  I WISH it didn't make a difference, as I'm about to lose mine due to low volume.   Customers don't realize that all it means is that you ship fast.   They may think it means better quality products.  

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

@tamaralea wrote:

I think it's easy to see.  I WISH it didn't make a difference, as I'm about to lose mine due to low volume.   Customers don't realize that all it means is that you ship fast.   They may think it means better quality products.  

Really, how so?  When I look at listings, I only can see if they are TRS if I look at their feedback number page.

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

@tamaralea wrote:

Really, how so?  When I look at listings, I only can see if they are TRS if I look at their feedback number page.

That's the ONLY place a buyer will see that badge.

TRS+ listings will have the TRS+ badge in it. 

Being a Top Rated Seller means nothing if your products aren't Top Rated Plus.  Is that what you mean @fernwood ?

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

@tamaralea wrote:

Being a Top Rated Seller means nothing if your products aren't Top Rated Plus.  Is that what you mean fernwood ?

Well, I never thought that being TRS meant nothing, but maybe buyers feel that way.  I thought you stated it was easy to see a seller is a TRS, but I guess you meant TRSplus listings instead.

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

I don't think there is any point in being a TRS if your listings aren't TRS+,  exactly for the reasons you stated.  It's the seal on the products that are easily seen.  I'm sorrycry

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

@*coins wrote:

@luckythewinner wrote:

They also get a $30 quarterly promoted listings credit.

I never noticed that. Have u used it? If so, did it help w ur sales?

Message 15 of 33
latest reply