cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Report: Gross Sales and Net Sales

Sellers Hub, Performance Tab, Sales. For the purpose of reporting income, calculating taxes owed, etc, what figure do I use as top line sales? Do I uses "Total Sales" that includes seller fees, shipping paid by buyer, and buyer sales tax handled by ebay, or do I use the "Net Sales" number minus those things. I'm looking for my top line gross sales number that I will subtract cost of goods, and all operating expenses from, to arrive at the actual income number that is taxable. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Sales Report: Gross Sales and Net Sales

Use the gross sales, but not the sales tax collected by eBay. You never received that tax. Ebay took care of it. Then deduct your expenses.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Personally, I prefer using this report to do final accounting for the ebay side of my books

you might give this a look too....

https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin/reportslanding

It gives all the basics if you are not looking for all the superfluous details like some of the other reports

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@miniaturesun wrote:

Sellers Hub, Performance Tab, Sales. For the purpose of reporting income, calculating taxes owed, etc, what figure do I use as top line sales? Do I uses "Total Sales" that includes seller fees, shipping paid by buyer, and buyer sales tax handled by ebay, or do I use the "Net Sales" number minus those things. I'm looking for my top line gross sales number that I will subtract cost of goods, and all operating expenses from, to arrive at the actual income number that is taxable. Thanks.

I export my entire transaction history and do my own calculations.

That way I know exactly what the numbers mean.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply