cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Dropped to ZERO out of no where....

Just wondering if anyone else has had their sales completely shut off before.... It's been 7 days without a single sale... My impressions, traffic, ect...is all down 50-75% out of no where.  I've been slowly building the store up since Sept. In Nov- Dec I had 50-100 items and was getting sales at least a few day a week. In January I was up to 200+ Items listed and had a great January with sales almost every day, I doubled my 30 day average for Jan compared to dec.  Jan 30 all of a sudden everything stopped...Every day my stats were turning red and that % just keeps growing. It just doesn't make sense.  I've ended about half my listings and am editing them to try to help but no idea what's going on. 

Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

Re: Sales Dropped to ZERO out of no where....

ebays traffic rating has been getting better every week for the past 2 months.................but not for me and apparently many others

Message 61 of 81
latest reply

working at circle k at $15 an hour comes to mind................

Message 62 of 81
latest reply

so how does ebay make money by not showing your items?

Message 63 of 81
latest reply

My sales have fallen off the cliff as well.  No sales since April 14th and those sales were offers.  So I sent offers once again and no sales.  Sales are down 63%.  Listing impressions are down 20%.  Grant you my items are a more limited market.  I also thought with Mother's Day coming up I would be selling some items.  My February was wonderful.  March good but April is going to be worse than January.  Ao you are not alone!

Message 64 of 81
latest reply

By showing higher prices items. And mostly off ad fees now. Thought you'd know that by now

Message 65 of 81
latest reply

Oh please with the almighty guide thingy.  No sales since 4/12/24, eBay has become a money mongering

Message 66 of 81
latest reply

eBay is like the stock market.

It "fluctuates."

Message 67 of 81
latest reply

@ferrucciobusoni wrote:

eBay is like the stock market.

It "fluctuates."

Also, like the stock market, it does other things to you that begin with the letter "f".

Message 68 of 81
latest reply

Don't forget to vote!

Message 69 of 81
latest reply

Ha! Ha! Good one! I laughed hearty at that one! As for myself, I haven't sold not even one item in a month- all my listings were promoted 10% or more and were under a "35% off sale"- little good does a Top-Rated Seller status do!!- so in my disgust I have decided to take down most of my listings and sell elsewhere. (From 620 listings in the beginning of April I have now a little over 100 now, and even though they are promoted, I have put them at my price... if they sell, they sell.  I basically give up.) This venue is just not what it used to be; as the great bard Chaucer once said:  "All good things must come to an end".  And as another said, "Good-night, sweet prince."

Message 70 of 81
latest reply

The few listings I checked your price is more than triple your competitors.

You Shouldn't get sales.

Message 71 of 81
latest reply

Good points! Especially about "spreading the wealth".  I couldn't overcome a gross sales threshold no matter what I did, and not for a lack of trying!  Also, eBay isn't the 'new, hip' thing it once was; younger buyers use Temu and other platforms, they buy off Tik Tok. I was recently asked  "You sell on eBay? I'm surprised its still around!"

Message 72 of 81
latest reply

Keep trying your best!  Don't give up today!

We still haven't reached rock bottom!!

Message 73 of 81
latest reply

This just happened to me the past 2 days.

Message 74 of 81
latest reply

@sportsbuffjr wrote:

This just happened to me the past 2 days.

Hi @sportsbuffjr Just to clarify, what post are you referring to? (Looking at your sales, they seem brisk it with multiple transactions nearly every day lately. Congrats!!)

Message 75 of 81
latest reply