cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Dropped to ZERO out of no where....

Just wondering if anyone else has had their sales completely shut off before.... It's been 7 days without a single sale... My impressions, traffic, ect...is all down 50-75% out of no where.  I've been slowly building the store up since Sept. In Nov- Dec I had 50-100 items and was getting sales at least a few day a week. In January I was up to 200+ Items listed and had a great January with sales almost every day, I doubled my 30 day average for Jan compared to dec.  Jan 30 all of a sudden everything stopped...Every day my stats were turning red and that % just keeps growing. It just doesn't make sense.  I've ended about half my listings and am editing them to try to help but no idea what's going on. 

Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

Re: Sales Dropped to ZERO out of no where....

4-15-24, i have about 200 listings, i made 300 - 400 $ per month, its a hobby , im retired, selling stuff no one in the family wanrs. Since nov - dec 2023, sales slowed, now lucky to sell $100 per mo. **bleep**

Message 46 of 81
latest reply

As the economy turns, layoffs increase, inflation rages and our society slowly degenerates - it will get worse.

You'll be doing $50 a month soon.

It may be too late, but we have an opportunity to change this come next November - if we make it. 

Message 47 of 81
latest reply

I promote ALL of my listings.  Until February, I used to be the top vendor and fill the top row on all Google searches and would have my items shown at the top of many Ebay pages.  Starting around February, they apparently changed the search algorithm and how much they are paying for Google ads.  Now, Ebay shows up several lines down and NONE of my listings are being promoted even though I have the most items in that category.  I am now selling one item a day at the most.  It is not an anomaly.  Some programmer made the decision to change the algorithm and sellers are getting hurt.

Message 48 of 81
latest reply

I have contacted Ebay multiple times but they claim they see my items on Google and that my items show up when searching. They are not.   I would appreciate if someone could look up Sailor Moon doll, Sailor Saturn doll, Nintendo 64 Collectible Action Figures Ganondorf, Pikachu Pokemon Plush and see if you see any of these pop up with animegination as the seller.  I don't need advice on my pricing since I have been selling for decades and know that, due to my reputation, if my item is visible, it will sell even at a substantially higher price than others.  I do not sell at yard sale or fire sale prices.  I am a business. 

Message 49 of 81
latest reply

I mean that plays a part a little, but it is the changes that eBay has been implementing that has been killing this platform. I have noticed it a year ago when 70-80% of the items I was listing suddenly started getting removed last year in may and into june. Once one listing on my account got removed, it is like their bot crawled my whole account and removed all the sold listings from 6 months prior.

From that point on, sales went straight down the drain and still going as we speak. Their little AI bot that they want to use full force instead of humans is going to bite them in the azz.

Their bots can't do anything right and with the issues other sellers are lamenting about recently, it is not going to look good.

Do I want to say this coincides with election time? Don't know, but don't want to be a conspiracy theorist on this either. All I know is, AI isn't going to be the future...at least not within a couple of years.

eBay needs to see that and start firing the wrong people and start hiring competent people.

Message 50 of 81
latest reply

Do I want to say this coincides with election time?

@brabha_9 

Also the sun rose today. Coincidence? I blame the sun 

Message 51 of 81
latest reply

My sales are nil. Nothing and no one is even looking or bookmarking. That is not normal. I guess I might have to try Facebook Marketplace.

Message 52 of 81
latest reply

@miss_baybee49 wrote:

My sales are nil. Nothing and no one is even looking or bookmarking. That is not normal. I guess I might have to try Facebook Marketplace.

You had a sale 2 days ago. 

With only 25 listings, your footprint is rather small. 

Message 53 of 81
latest reply

I have not had a sale since the 8th. Now mind you I don’t have much up but what I find weird is on some popular items I have that have sold like crazy on here I have gotten 0 views. I can understand if one doesn’t buy for whatever reason but to not get any views. I’m not overpriced, in line with what others charge, and my pictures are good. So what gives with that? I don’t know.

Message 54 of 81
latest reply

Just to let you know, I'm in the same boat.  My impressions and views fell off a cliff around March 20th.  I had 100-150 listings at the time.  I now have over 370 listings and am down over 40% on impressions and views.  I promote all of my listings from 2% to the dynamic rate.  I am still selling things, but at a much slower pace.  The only thing that changed was that I have 200 + more listings and I joined the EIS program.   

Message 55 of 81
latest reply

try the tor browser...........it hides your ip address............i tried it with some items listed on ecrater........with a stndard browser i could see all the items i searched with photos.......google shopping etc........but when i did a search with the tor browser.....and hid the ip...........nothing in google shopping...............but still listed in google but buried........so i am slowly removing items off of ecrater...........but running out of legit sites to put them on............we may all end up with our own websites..............

Message 56 of 81
latest reply

another problem that is harder to detect is the payment process.........and the customers can only contact you thru each sites messaging.............i have had issues on ebid and ecrater where the buyer could not complete the payment for reasons unknown.........i was lucky to get those messages..........they would not elaborate on what went wrong............so i assume they bought from another seller...........for ebay i don't even bother checking integrity because.....no views.....no sales.............slowly moving everything off this site as well............

Message 57 of 81
latest reply

thats a common thought............but look at some of these sellers with 400 to 500+ feedbacks a month............with jacked up prices............like one seller with pens at $25 to $30 each with 800 feedbacks a month...........oh there collector pens..............people are making $15 to $20 an hour cleaning toilets..............it is not the economy..............

Message 58 of 81
latest reply

You have 5 listings??  Maybe nobody wants those 5 items.

Message 59 of 81
latest reply

USE SEOquake to check website traffic...................ebay has been getting busier and ranking higher every week....amazon about the same and for the rest of the middle of the road selling sites........they are freefalling..............so apparently the economy is not the issue.......................but i still get onesy twosy views for most items per cycle............but for other items with more views and watchers...............no sales............

Message 60 of 81
latest reply