cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLING

THIS IS FOR ALL EBAY SELLERS I HAVE BEEN SELLING ON EBAY FOR 20 YEARS AND RIGHT NOW VERY UNHAPPY WITH EBAY AND THEIR FEES AND HOW UNFAIR THEY TREAT THEIR SELLERS. I DECIDED TO TRY MY LOCAL YARD SALE SITES WHICH IS MANY AND I AM DOING FABULOUS!!!! I AM READY TO SAY GOODBY TO EBAY

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: SELLING

@inkydynk wrote:

THIS IS FOR ALL EBAY SELLERS I HAVE BEEN SELLING ON EBAY FOR 20 YEARS AND RIGHT NOW VERY UNHAPPY WITH EBAY AND THEIR FEES AND HOW UNFAIR THEY TREAT THEIR SELLERS. I DECIDED TO TRY MY LOCAL YARD SALE SITES WHICH IS MANY AND I AM DOING FABULOUS!!!! I AM READY TO SAY GOODBY TO EBAY

I say congrats to you! We all have to do what is best for us.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 16 of 24
latest reply

I AM READY TO SAY GOODBY TO EBAY

I crossed my 20yr threshold too and I have gone back out to our local flea markets and back to enjoying stressless selling but there is no reason to say goodbye to Ebay.  There are some items that need more exposure and do better here so best not to shut it completely down.   

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

@ebbyisme wrote:

Mayhap I am mistaken....

I thought when the OP said "Yard sale sites" he was referring to FB yard sale pages....

In my area they have become very popular. A lot of eBay sellers are using them for local sales, much more then that guy who has a list or eBay..... and some have gone solely to FB sales.... I've been saying THAT is a threat eBay should be concerned about unless they don't really care that much about losing small sellers or local sales.... but from what I can gather on these boards it isn't as popular everywhere.... don't know why it is so popular here.

Totally Agree.  Everyone is becoming a seller.

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

@ebbyisme wrote:

Mayhap I am mistaken....

I thought when the OP said "Yard sale sites" he was referring to FB yard sale pages....

Hopefully that's what they meant. An actual yard sale in January doesn't sound all that fun.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

An actual yard sale in January would not be much fun for me in NE Ohio.

However, for my friend who lives in Phoenix, it works out very well.

So, obviously, you have to take location into consideration.  

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

True, but a July yard sale in Phoenix sounds equally painful. I see Thursday's high is forecast to be a balmy 114 degrees F.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@soh.maryl wrote:

True, but a July yard sale in Phoenix sounds equally painful. I see Thursday's high is forecast to be a balmy 114 degrees F.

A dry 114 in Phoenix is better than 94 at 85% humidity in Tupelo (or Memphis or Birmingham)  Smiley LOL

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 22 of 24
latest reply

I shop all over the Internet and countless auction sites. Ebay has among the lowest fees. Most auction sites I visit do not charge the sellers any fees. They instead have something called a "Buyers Premium" where buyers instead pay anywhere from 8% to 21% of the final auction price to the auction house. I am guessing this would never work on eBay. 

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

I agree. I've been selling here for 13 years and I'm also very close to quitting. After the cost of shipping, eBay fees, and then paypal fees, I am no longer even keeping 50% of what I sell items for. What's the point? I sold a pair of jeans for $12.99 today and only kept $2.89. eBay has been unfair to sellers for a long time now, but it really is no longer worth it anymore.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply