cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLERS ONLY! EBAY sending out 1099-K is ABSURD + gonna waste EONS of time for sellers @ tax time

REAL SELLERS ONLY      NO ANNOYING PEDANTIC moderator/BOTS       Your comments are unwanted and frankly offensive.       To the real sellers only: Gods chosen.   A 1099-K turned in to IRS gonna make you reconcile EVERY sale U had.   You go over the 5K    You sell bunch cheap stuff, say 250 transactions for 6K.   This going to IRS and you have to go over all and   come up with a  COST of EACH item.   Ebay gonna furnish GROSS PROFIT  they huge cut and shipping like you see on seller hub for net sales.    BUTTTTTT   I ain't got a clue what I paid 15 yrs ago for something.    Only things that I know profit on is, FREE AKA things given to me and something recently bought and can see what I paid.

DO the IRS really thing you is gonna tell truth???????   U win $100 on Superbowl bet that taxable.   U played poker 2 times and won $60 report.   You grew and sold tomatoes from you backyard for $$$   

This may shame a few into reporting small profits so reckon it be a small profit to IRS as well as a big job

ALSO for all the Little Goody 2-Shoe bragging about  they report to IRS   why would they not donate those  profit to charity????????????   better giving to Gov to squander

Message 1 of 58
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

SELLERS ONLY! EBAY sending out 1099-K is ABSURD + gonna waste EONS of time for sellers @ tax time

I had no idea that I was one of God's Chosen - ME, a heathen Deist!  😲

But, sorry - God's Chosen still have to pay taxes - well, unless we're super-rich or in the religion bidness.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks

View Best Answer in original post

Message 13 of 58
latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

I'm not sure why you came here if you don't want to hear from us with honest opinions and disclosures. 

Is there a question in your post? 

If you haven't been claiming your payments and deducting your expenses, that's on you but I guess that's what you're upset about. Now you have to calculate your profits (or losses). Thing is, you may not even have a profit but without records, you will have profits without the offsets. 

Sorry. I can't feel bad for you. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 58
latest reply

@rosemary6525 wrote:

REAL SELLERS ONLY      NO ANNOYING PEDANTIC moderator/BOTS       Your comments are unwanted and frankly offensive.       To the real sellers only: Gods chosen.   A 1099-K turned in to IRS gonna make you reconcile EVERY sale U had.   You go over the 5K    You sell bunch cheap stuff, say 250 transactions for 6K.   This going to IRS and you have to go over all and   come up with a  COST of EACH item.   Ebay gonna furnish GROSS PROFIT  they huge cut and shipping like you see on seller hub for net sales.    BUTTTTTT   I ain't got a clue what I paid 15 yrs ago for something.    Only things that I know profit on is, FREE AKA things given to me and something recently bought and can see what I paid.

DO the IRS really thing you is gonna tell truth???????   U win $100 on Superbowl bet that taxable.   U played poker 2 times and won $60 report.   You grew and sold tomatoes from you backyard for $$$   

This may shame a few into reporting small profits so reckon it be a small profit to IRS as well as a big job

ALSO for all the Little Goody 2-Shoe bragging about  they report to IRS   why would they not donate those  profit to charity????????????   better giving to Gov to squander

Frankly THIS is OFFENSIVE.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 3 of 58
latest reply

DIsregard what @albertabrightalberta says.

I think he might be one of those annoying pedantic moderator bots.     😉

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 4 of 58
latest reply

If you have a problem with having to report your earnings selling on eBay I suggest you talk to your congressman...reporting your earnings is the law, you don't want to report your earnings it's tax evasion. 

Message 5 of 58
latest reply

You post about this same subject at least once a month. Not sure where the question or the point is in this most recent posting. 

Message 6 of 58
latest reply

You keep posting this over and over hoping for a different result. Again, it doesn't matter if you get a 1099 or not, and it doesn't matter if you had a $100 or $1 million in sales, you were ALWAYS required to claim your sales on your taxes. 

The 1099 does not waste "eons of time for sellers". It takes no more time when filing taxes, literally NONE.

No one is "bragging" about reporting income on taxes. It is just what you have to do.

I actually can't believe you are posting repeatedly in a PUBLIC FORUM bragging about how you have been evading taxes for the last 19 years you have been on eBay. That is just crazy.

Message 7 of 58
latest reply

I get it you might actually have to report money earned because you can't hide it anymore.

Sucks, but join us real sellers who already have to.

Message 8 of 58
latest reply

All I can say is WOW!!!

Message 9 of 58
latest reply

@rosemary6525 wrote:

A 1099-K turned in to IRS gonna make you reconcile EVERY sale U had. 

Most of us have already been doing that for years BECAUSE we're "real sellers."

Message 10 of 58
latest reply

I don't pay taxes on my eBay earnings because I am impoverished. Standard deduction equals no tax due. 

I get food from a food bank.

Take a look at AT&T tax windfall of $42 Billion and then tell me it is just to require struggling people to nail down every expense.

Message 11 of 58
latest reply

My guess is that you did not get people posting on the other threads you have created in the last couple of weeks that supported your way of thinking much.  Not sure why you keep coming back, it is likely you will hear for at least some of the same people that were on your other threads on the SAME subject.

4-9-24

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/TAXES-2024-amp-2025-5K-then-only-600-for-Calendar-YEAR/td-p/34...

4-10-24

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/IRS-Reporting-in-up-coming-years-Gonna-make-eBay-lose-big/td-p...

We all are suppose to report our income to the IRS.  There is NO minimum threshold.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/eBay-and-TaxAct-partner-to-help-you-navigate-new-Form-10...

https://www.irs.gov/faqs/small-business-self-employed-other-business/income-expenses/income-expenses

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/gig-economy-tax-center

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/2022-changes-to-ebay-and-your-1099-k.html

https://www.irs.gov/pub/taxpros/fs-2022-41.pdf

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 58
latest reply

I had no idea that I was one of God's Chosen - ME, a heathen Deist!  😲

But, sorry - God's Chosen still have to pay taxes - well, unless we're super-rich or in the religion bidness.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 58
latest reply

I find it amazing that people continue to reply to post like this.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 14 of 58
latest reply

@rosemary6525 

I'm guessing you're one of them that hasn't been reporting your income like you are supposed to be doing.

If you had been, it wouldn't be a big deal.

Have a great day
Message 15 of 58
latest reply