cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLERS BEWARE!

Just wanted to let you sellers know of something that recently happened with an item we sold 4-days ago. The item sold for just under $400, but the buyer did not, nor has not paid for it since.  Additionally, there was no response to messages or invoicing. When I noticed that he did not have any feedback, I decided to see if (by chance) he had any listings. low and behold, he did....one, listed on Oct 26th .... it was the exact same item at $100 less!  Perhaps I'm a little behind, but this one caught me off guard.  

Therefore, if you happen to sell a "one-of" or unique item and the buyer goes dark without payment, you may want to check his listings 😉 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: SELLERS BEWARE!

@myestate-treasures4u wrote:

Just wanted to let you sellers know of something that recently happened with an item we sold 4-days ago. The item sold for just under $400, but the buyer did not, nor has not paid for it since.  Additionally, there was no response to messages or invoicing. When I noticed that he did not have any feedback, I decided to see if (by chance) he had any listings. low and behold, he did....one, listed on Oct 26th .... it was the exact same item at $100 less!  Perhaps I'm a little behind, but this one caught me off guard.  

Therefore, if you happen to sell a "one-of" or unique item and the buyer goes dark without payment, you may want to check his listings 😉 

Just one more reason this place sucks in my most humble opinion - I wouldn't doubt if the seller/buyer reported your item as counterfeit and after not getting the desired results quickly enough, he/she decided to go a different route - Seems there is trouble around every turn on this site anymore, but the only thing they can seemingly do is figure out ways to charge people more to use it?? Really??

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

@pls-bizliquidation 

When you relist it, it'll help buyers find you if you spell the brand name correctly. (What's funny is that the copycat copied your title with the misspelled brand name!) 

It's "Myron L"  not "Myroni L"

The fact that the buyer copied the title

laugh.jpg
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

More than likely used sell one like it. 🙂

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

No intention of "chasing them down" once I knew he was never intending to pay.  And yes, I already made the changes to my buyer requirements.  Thanks

You would be amazed at how many people chase buyers for payment - who can blame them.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 19 of 23
latest reply

@onefootflippers wrote:

The actual thing they are doing is not tying up your item, that isn't part of the equation, what they are doing is creating a sold comp at that $400 price that makes their $300 one seem like a bargain. In any case yours isn't going to sell until you undercut them, or they sell theirs first.

Non-payers really do nothing other than waste a few seconds of your time and create a sold comp at your asking price, the second part can generally only help your item sell.

People have all sorts of schemes.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 20 of 23
latest reply

Thanks for this post.  It's a competitor tactic I didn't know about before.  

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

@myestate-treasures4u 

That is likely to be a very rare occurrence.  Certainly not a good or sustainable business model.  So not likely to be seen very often.

FYI, don't send invoices to buyers that are not paying.  Every time you send an invoice, it restarts the 96 hour clock for filing a Cancellation due to non payment.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Thank you so much for your response.  

Message 23 of 23
latest reply