cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review Removal Policy

Hypothetically, if I sell an item and get a bad review due to a bad employee and I fire the employee afterwards, will eBay remove the negative review?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Review Removal Policy

The answer is no.

Every employee you hire represents your company. If you hire a bad employee that's on you. Your company caused a negative buying experience and negative feedback may follow.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

lol if you could I'm sure a lot of people would hypothetically be firing a lot of non existent employees.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Not if you give sufficient documentation to prove the existence of the employee in question.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

No, they will not.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@iaulle2 wrote:

Hypothetically, if I sell an item and get a bad review due to a bad employee and I fire the employee afterwards, will eBay remove the negative review?

Nope! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

The answer is no.

Every employee you hire represents your company. If you hire a bad employee that's on you. Your company caused a negative buying experience and negative feedback may follow.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

What are the reasons you remove reviews for, besides personal threats and fowl language? (By the way that's not a typo, I own chickens. 😎

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

The way I get negative feedback removed is by offering free returns policy and begging for them to return.

Even if want to refund them without return, I still ask them to open the return and refund in full inside the return.

Never refund outside of a return because that leaves for being out money and possible negative feedback.

eBay leaves 'outside of your control' as an option, but honestly unless you have a super compelling case it might get denied.

Like if a customer asks you to cancel the order and you cancel it and they complain in feedback that you cancelled it.

This has some more information on feedback.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-policies?id=4208

And if you weren't aware this link to write your case to have it removed.

https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp/feedback

Screenshot 2024-05-12 223233.png

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

lol if you could I'm sure a lot of people would hypothetically be firing a lot of non existent employees.

I would fire and rehire my employee like hundreds of times for every negative I get. That way I’ll have 100% positive feedback lol.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Would probably be worth outsourcing for an unlimited supply of people to fire for cheap. 😄

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@iaulle2 Curious what makes you think ebay would possibly do that?

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Only if you have that employee burned at the stake.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

No, sorry. Negative feedback is a buyers opinion of the transaction.

Getting rid of an employee won't change anything about your businesses feedback. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Thanks, this is really helpful info!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply