cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Request

Is there anyway I can charge restocking fee considering buyers not reading my item or title. This the 3rd return with this item. Cause buyer not reading

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Return Request

Restocking charges are no longer allowed.

From your listings:

Free 30 day returns 

This means you accept returns for any reason.

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.
Sunny

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

It would make more sense to just sell the one unused item by itself; unless the empty bottles are collectible?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

You have to make it clear in the listing title that it is empty and in the descriptions.  Something like "EMPTY BOX!!!!!!!!" after the title. That said, the gift set sells for about $100 retail. You are selling it for $40. I can see how some buyers would think it was complete. You should not list it again until you have reworked the title and description. Big bold red font making it clear what you are selling. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

One of the reasons I charge for shipping is that if it is going to be returned, I only have to refund what they paid for the item and not including the shipping cost.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

In the grand scheme of things, if multiple people are making the same mistake with respect to your listing, then as a business decision, the problem is with the listing.

Maybe have the first picture show the empty box (or empty bottles).

Maybe have box only! in the title.

Keep working on it until the returns drop or stop selling this item.

There are many items I don't try to sell on ebay because of the high chance of returns.

I also will message a buyer after purchasing on "AS IS" items to make sure they realize the condition and non-working status of the item.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Buyers not reading the descriptions is a universal problem. Add in this is the premier gift giving season, this is advertised as a gift set, with people looking for deals, and this is one result.

I would hold off listing this item until after the holidays. If that doesn’t work for you, then add “Used” to the reworked title. Empty Used Polo Ralph Lauren Bottles in Gift Set Box etc.

Also, it is confusing to sell empty and full containers in the same listing. They are two separate customers, those collecting the used perfume bottles, and those searching for usable products. It is a potential SNAD, tho free returns makes it less likely. So i would split up the set to sell separately as another poster suggested.

Whatever you decide, i wish you good luck and happy selling.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Or maybe these people are not very bright ! If i were buying any gift set and i saw the word empty i would be asking myself what's empty ? Or the seller what do you mean by empty ? Empty in the title Empty in the description, christ how many more clues do they need to know maybe something actually might be Empty, Far to many excuses being made for people.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

3 buyers misreading the title means that the title is bad. "Empty" and "3 piece gift set" contradict each other.

EMPTY BOX or BOX ONLY in all capital letters is the only way that you will stop getting returns.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@blu_owlie wrote:

3 buyers misreading the title means that the title is bad. 

Or that 3 buyers aren't too bright.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

"Or that 3 buyers aren't too bright."

and we're not gonna run outta them anytime soon. 😞 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Listing titles have to be written for the least bright buyers that exist... unless OP wants to pay for 10 more return labels, it's time to revise the title.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply