cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for Refund as Item not delivered that is 73 days Old

I have just received an Ebay Buyer Opened Request Notice for a refund for an item not received that was sent 73 days ago on the 7th of November last year.

How can you claim after 73 days? I'm in the UK and Its to a UK address. I thought you had to start a request within 30 days of when the item should have arrived.

If its not 30 days then how long is it someone can claim something has not arrived.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

1. eBay gives a buyer 30 days to open an INR case.

2. However, that buyer can open a case with Paypal, if that was the payment method, and has 180 days to do that.

3. Most credit cards give about that same length of time.

4. Was there tracking proving delivery at the time.

PS:  I now realize that you are in the UK.  Some rules may differ slightly from your site to the US site, but the 30 days, I believe, is the same in both places.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@theephemeracompany wrote:

If its not 30 days then how long is it someone can claim something has not arrived.

Although a buyer can open a case on eBay long after the 30 day limit they will not be able to escalate it. So you are under no obligation to respond or refund.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@theephemeracompany 

You may be better served by logging into your countries community discussion forum.  Log out of ebay.com and back into ebay.com/uk.  What applies to us here in the US may not apply in other countries.  Here's the link:

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Discussion/ct-p/13

Good luck getting the help & advice you need.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply