cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting items is no longer available?

I have been trying to report some replica coins for the past week. The seller has replica even in their description but has listed them under the US:Gold category. When I fill out the report form after clicking report on the auction item it comes back stating I need to put in a valid listing number! I clicked on the report function on the listing....?  I guess eBay is not longer cares to keep their venue clean of these types of items.  Anyone else having this same problem?  And no, I don't report much - about 2-3 a month.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

There are so many improper listings on eBay, that they cannot possibly police them all.  So, if eBay considers those reports, my guess is that multiple users have to report the same listing for eBay to take action.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@greatmidwestcoin 

What browser are you using? I have seen others posting about similar problems with the reporting, but I am able to successfully report items using Firefox and Chrome  browsers on my Windows 10 machine.

I just tried using an Edge browser and got an error:

"Please provide the correct information in the highlighted fields.

Please enter a valid item number for a listing that has not ended."

I am able to report the same listing using Firefox, so it may be a problem with Edge browsers, or possibly some setting or add-on that I have installed.

It might be worth trying another browser to see if that makes a difference for you.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

EBay chooses to ignore

Unfortunately reporting a listing verbally to a eBay customer service rep , resulted in a response of we don't have a expert available here at ebay, although an expert was not required since the information presented could very simply & easily have been verified by anyone having even half a brain.

EBay chose to decline accepting the report.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

Unfortunately reporting a listing verbally to a eBay customer service rep , resulted in a response of we don't have a expert available here at ebay, although an expert was not required since the information presented could very simply & easily have been verified by anyone having even half a brain.

Customer support's job is to get you off the phone, not to tell you the truth. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I also see people saying they are having trouble making a report.I use chrome and have a few bugs on ebay with it but I make reports all the time,its always for the same things and I know the tool works fine on my desktop.I do seem to recall it feeling balky or needing a double click before in years past but it always works for me,I go right from the item page where it says report

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Reporting stuff to eBay is pointless. Might have better luck reporting the items to the appropriate government authority. eBay has no incentive to police their site unless someone more powerful is forcing them to.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:
Reporting stuff to eBay is pointless. Might have better luck reporting the items to the appropriate government authority. eBay has no incentive to police their site unless someone more powerful is forcing them to.

It's not pointless. What is pointless is to expect instant action following a report or to expect action from a single report from a single user.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

It has not worked for weeks. Like eBay I give up, no longer reporting a thing, let the scams begin.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

What part hasn't worked?

FYI - I just tried to report an Item, using FireFox 73.01, worked perfectly.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Do you even read the question? Not at all what was asked...

Message 11 of 11
latest reply