cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Violation of Ebay Policy

I recently discovered that another Buyer was  using my Photo to sell her Wig.  I have been selling for over 22 years, and I spend a lot of time taking Photos so that my Models look their best for these Photos.  I sent the Seller a Message and asked her very nicely to Please remove my Photo.  She sent a message back with a portion of Ebay policy that stated you could use other Sellers photos - but what she omitted was the next paragraph which said  only if it were in the Ebay Catalog.  She did say that beings I asked her Nicely, she would remove it.  2 Days later, it is still not removed.  I contacted Ebay, and also reported it on the listing.  Almost Immediately, I received a message back that AI had checked the listing and it did not violate Ebay Policy.  Since when can another Seller use a Seller's Photos instead of taking their own.  This makes me Very Angry when I spend so much time taking these photos.  

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Use of another sellers photos and or text is not a violation of eBay policy eBay allows it. 
Images, videos and text policy 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

You agreed to let other eBay sellers use your photos in the user agreement.   Consider it a compliment.  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I am sorry, but I am reading the Ebay Policy differently.  What about the last Paragraph in the Policy?  My images are Not in the Ebay Catalog.  

eBay Policy:

"When you create listings you give eBay and its members permission, through our user agreement, to use your images, videos and product details.  Your content may be added to the eBay product catalog, and may be used by other sellers in their eBay listings.

"You may contact the member and ask them to remove your image or text from their listing if it is not part of the eBay product catalog."

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

It says"You may contact the member and ask them to remove your image or text from their listing if it is not part of the eBay product catalog"

But it doesn't say the member must comply.

You're beating a dead horse with this.IMO. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

"You may contact the member and ask them to remove your image or text from their listing if it is not part of the eBay product catalog."

You can ask...

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

It says"You may contact the member and ask them to remove your image or text from their listing if it is not part of the eBay product catalog"

But it doesn't say the member must comply.

And that is what stinks about the policy. 

My workaround to this is to have items listed on another site and when submitting VeRO reports, using the link to the other site's listing as the source of the image. It's a heckuva lot easier than trying to get ebay to see what they should be seeing.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I am sorry, but I don't consider it a Compliment.  I consider it as an Ebay Seller that has No ethics and is too darn lazy to take her own photos.  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I get it. It is frustrating and used to be a policy violation YEARS ago. Now they just don't care and it is stated as such that they allow it.

It is frustrating though to see your photo in someone else's listing because potential buyers may think your account is related to theirs and they could be a crummy seller.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply