cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed listing won't let me re list

So I was trying to sell an old phone and I got a notification saying someone made an offer and was going to buy. I accepted the offer and was awaiting payment when eBay emailed me saying they had removed the listing because of an suspicious buyer. That seemed reasonable enough considering they said I could easily re list my item and start selling it again. After trying to re list it eBay said that I could not re list an Item because I had "reached my selling limit". The original offer I accepted marked the Item as sold even though I had not recieved payment. I only ever sold one other item which was over a month ago. I even tried making a whole new Identical listing from scratch. The original listing wont even let me click on it because eBay says it doesn't exist yet they also say it has been sold when neither are true.

If anyone has suggestions I would greatly appreciate.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Removed listing won't let me re list

Call eBay. Their Customer Service reps have always done a good job helping us.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

This may not help, but I always keep a copy of every listing in Word in the event that something that you have described happens.  I got a free usable copy from outlook dot com as one of my email providers.   Not with all the bells and whistles as the professional copy,  but it works for me.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@rascalfeldis1wrote:

After trying to re list it eBay said that I could not re list an Item because I had "reached my selling limit".

The original listing wont even let me click on it because eBay says it doesn't exist yet they also say it has been sold when neither are true.

If you have reached your selling limit, you'll probably have to wait until next month to relist it.

If Ebay removed the listing, it's gone and you will have to start a new one.

When I do my listings, I put all the information for the item on a note pad. It helps when you have to do a new listing or go back and check an old items description.

Have a great day.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@rascalfeldis1wrote:

So I was trying to sell an old phone and I got a notification saying someone made an offer and was going to buy. I accepted the offer and was awaiting payment when eBay emailed me saying they had removed the listing because of an suspicious buyer. That seemed reasonable enough considering they said I could easily re list my item and start selling it again. After trying to re list it eBay said that I could not re list an Item because I had "reached my selling limit". The original offer I accepted marked the Item as sold even though I had not recieved payment. I only ever sold one other item which was over a month ago. I even tried making a whole new Identical listing from scratch. The original listing wont even let me click on it because eBay says it doesn't exist yet they also say it has been sold when neither are true.

If anyone has suggestions I would greatly appreciate.

Ebay counts it as a sale when the item ends with a winner. It does not matter if it shows as paid. ebay doesn't know if the buyer paid.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Please note that cell phones are a high scam item on eBay. Many new sellers loose their phone as well as their money

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thanks, I ended up just posting it on another account and hopefully it will end up working.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I would love to know the answer.people know your new.take your items off the market.its kind frustrating they don't auto relist.thank you
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

You probably narrowly escaped a scam.
Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply