cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund reversal

I sold a clock, and buyer said it wasn't working. I issued her a full refund yesterday, and today she messaged me that the clock is working and asked me to re charge her for her purchase. I don't see any option to cancel the refund, as it went through this morning, nor any option to re charge her for the clock. It's about impossible to get any customer service on ebay. No option I can find to speak to an agent, just a general run around to various articles, which are of no help to me. HOW DO YOU CONTACT AN AGENT?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Refund reversal

I always go to ebay for business on facebook, but you can find them on insta and X too. Good luck to you, but I don't believe there is any way to charge a customer again. What's done is done. https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Contacting an agent won't do any good, once a refund is issued, it can't be stopped.

All you can do through Ebay is to relist it as a local pick up and the buyer can buy it again.

Or they can repay through Pay Pal or another service you both use.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@luv2list47 wrote:

I sold a clock, and buyer said it wasn't working. I issued her a full refund yesterday, and today she messaged me that the clock is working and asked me to re charge her for her purchase. 

Just get your buyer's email address when you reply to that message @luv2list47 and send a money request, see here, if you have a PayPal account. Your buyer won't need to open a PayPal account, if they don't already have one, to pay.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

If you and the buyer both have "Pal Pal" accounts buyer can pay you....

Don't think an agent or customer service can be of help.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

To resolve this issue, I would recommend relisting the item and allowing the customer to purchase it again. Once the purchase is complete, I would mark the item as shipped and request that the customer mark it as received. This will ensure that the transaction is completed correctly, and eBay gets their fees.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@ten_o_nine wrote:

To resolve this issue, I would recommend relisting the item and allowing the customer to purchase it again. Once the purchase is complete, I would mark the item as shipped and request that the customer mark it as received. This will ensure that the transaction is completed correctly, and eBay gets their fees.

There's no way a buyer can mark it received, only tracking does that.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@ten_o_nine wrote:

Without a tracking number (even if the buyer marks as received), won't ebay ding the seller for not providing a tracking number? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@ten_o_nine wrote:

Without a tracking number (even if the buyer marks as received), won't ebay ding the seller for not providing a tracking number? 

The buyer could provide the seller with the 6-digit code that they receive after payment and the seller could enter it.

ETA: I'm assuming handling a relist as @kensgiftshop suggested (Local PU) with the advice above, @luv2list47.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Yes, it would be a minor issue, but eBay needs to recoup the fees they previously refunded. If the customer pays with PayPal or another payment method, it would inadvertently bypass eBay's fees. To ensure a smooth transaction and avoid any potential issues, it would be best to relist the item and have the customer purchase it again, with eBay collecting their applicable fees.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

As far as Ebay is concerned, the case was closed once the refund was issued.

Have a great day
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@luv2list47  The fact that your buyer let you know the clock is once again working shows they are honest. They didn't need to inform you of that, especially after you refunded them. Most likely they have a PayPal account so you can graciously thank them for offering to reimburse you and kindly send them an invoice via PayPal. That's really your only option as once you refunded that transaction is completed. They may purchase another item from you as well, maybe you can get a repeat buyer out of them. Best of luck to you....

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Another option is for the buyer to snail mail a USPS money order. They should have your address if they still have the packaging with the return address on the shipping label. 

I recommend USPS m.o. because you can take it to the post office where they'll validate it and cash it for you.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 13 of 13
latest reply