cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recieving Seller Offers for Viewing?

I've noticed that I've been receiving "SELLER OFFERS" for items I've only viewed when doing comps and not "watched". Is this something new? 

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

New to you, maybe. But not new. Kinda creepy, huh? 🤣

Message 2 of 50
latest reply

I wonder if eBay dropped the threshold for number of views before the item becomes eligible for a seller offer. IIRC, it used to be three.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 50
latest reply

So, are we now able to make them without watchers? 

Message 4 of 50
latest reply

@pls-consignments wrote:

I've noticed that I've been receiving "SELLER OFFERS" for items I've only viewed when doing comps and not "watched". Is this something new? 

Not exactly new… but really irritating. 😞

CONSERVITVS  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member since: 1996

Message 5 of 50
latest reply

I feel a little late to the party on this one, so pardon my questions.

Is there any way to prevent buyers from sending Seller Offers whenever I comp an item? Or does eBay control that? 

Message 6 of 50
latest reply

@pls-consignments wrote:

I feel a little late to the party on this one, so pardon my questions.

Is there any way to prevent buyers from sending Seller Offers whenever I comp an item? Or does eBay control that? 

@pls-consignments 

Account Settings/Account Preferences/Communication Preferences/Buyer/Buying Activities

Go there and make sure that 'Offers to buyers' is NOT ticked. Save. At least, I think that takes care of them. Good luck.

Message 7 of 50
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@pls-consignments wrote:

Go there and make sure that 'Offers to buyers' is NOT ticked. Save. At least, I think that takes care of them. Good luck.

One would think… but I have this setting off and still get them.

In fact, I have every communication setting I have (that I am allowed to) off… and I still get them. 

😞

Message 8 of 50
latest reply

Sign "out" of eBay and view away at other listings. We use two eBay accounts on the same computer and eBay doesn't send out offers to both of our accounts, when viewing listings and both accounts are signed off.

Cookies 101 = eBay can't send an offer if it doesn't know who viewed the listing.

Message 9 of 50
latest reply

@conservitvs wrote:

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@pls-consignments wrote:

One would think… but I have this setting off and still get them.

In fact, I have every communication setting I have (that I am allowed to) off… and I still get them. 

😞

@conservitvs 

Sitting here laughing at myself.💡 Heck, I have that setting off, and I still get them, too. Redundant... but kinda creepy, huh?

Message 10 of 50
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

Sitting here laughing at myself.💡 Heck, I have that setting off, and I still get them, too. Redundant... but kinda creepy, huh?

Yeah. 🙂

Message 11 of 50
latest reply

They are getting desperate, they are sending offers if you just look at a listing, doesn't matter if you're interested in the item or not.

Have a great day
Message 12 of 50
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

I wonder if eBay dropped the threshold for number of views before the item becomes eligible for a seller offer. IIRC, it used to be three.

I look at a lot of listings (usually to report them) just once and start receiving offers for the item.

Have a great day
Message 13 of 50
latest reply

Are these different than "seller initiated" offers? I ask because view-triggered offers are also "discounted" offers.

If they are different, meaning that they're generated by eBay and NOT the seller, what unique benefit do Seller initiated offers provide? 🤔 

Message 14 of 50
latest reply

They are initiated by the seller. The seller clicks 'send offers' in seller hub. The users eligible to receive the offer can include watchers, people who added item to their cart and those that only viewed.

Sellers can also elect to have ebay send those offers automatically when more users become eligible. That often results in getting offers very soon after viewing. Too soon in my opinion. I often watch items to buy later when I have some extra cash. The offer may expire by then.

Message 15 of 50
latest reply