cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on selling communication with buyer

Hi, a buyer asked for an invoice through ebay messages . I sent invoice back thru ebay messages right away.  But in the request for invoice, they said to email them about payment to thier private email address...  i just want to keep everything through ebay messages. Is it weird that they want me to contact them privately?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

DO NOT communicate with anyone outside of the ebay message system.

It's usually a scam./scammer.

Don't do it.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

DO NOT communicate with anyone outside of the ebay message system.

It's usually a scam./scammer.

Don't do it.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Buyers do not need invoices.  When an auction is won, eBay sends a payment reminder.  You never need to send an invoice. Requests to communicate by text or email are scams.  Next you would receive a fake payment email and you would lose your money and item.

After 4 days of nonpayment, cancel the transaction and block this scammer.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

its weird and its definitely not necessary

buyers know how to use the payment button..its not special and messages are not involved either

all you can do is to cancel in 4 days if they do not pay

@nka_690 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

As others stated this is a lead into a scam. You are a pretty new seller and will be a target for every scammer out there and you are selling items that are probably pretty high targets for them.  As   

evry1nositswindy advised if they do no pay you in 4 days simply cancel the sale for non-payment and relist. Also add this person to your BBL. 
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Thank u for all the quick responses, u are all absolutely right, i checked back on the buyers account and it says they are no longer a registered user. Ill just wait the few days and cancel, thank u everyone 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@nka_690 wrote:

Thank u for all the quick responses, u are all absolutely right, i checked back on the buyers account and it says they are no longer a registered user. Ill just wait the few days and cancel, thank u everyone 

As they are NARUd, I think you can cancel immediately.

If you list as Fixed Price with the Immediate Payment Required option selected, you can forego all that nonsense.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thanks I’m having same issue now. Got immediate offer -accepted - now buyer wants to ask questions via private email. I requested to use eBay email system so far no reply. Suspicious!  Will cancel in 3 days start over. Waste of time. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

what about combined shipping? I just started back up with ebay and I send the invoices through ebay messages? Also I like to send a Thank You Msg at time of purchase letting them know there item will be shipped the next day or whatever. Can we no longer do this through ebay messenger? why is there a section called communication with buyer and no where to do it?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@nka_690 

This is an old thread from 2022.  OP doesn't appear to be selling anymore, so I doubt they'll reply. 

Should you have any questions or concerns it is always a good idea to start your own thread to get the help and advice for your specific issue. 

Happy Selling

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply