cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for all the sellers

If you can suggest one change that eBay can reasonably make to better serve all sellers, and not just a sub category of sellers, what would that suggestion be?

And please do not make it a simple blank statement like "lower their fees". 

I love idea sharing and would like to hear what matters to you. 

Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Butt out of our business.

Message 2 of 77
latest reply

Stop allowing one seller to copy/use/plagiarizer another seller's pictures/descriptions. It is cheating in my opinion.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 3 of 77
latest reply

Shore up seller protections.

Message 4 of 77
latest reply

Create and enforce policies that effect ALL sellers, equally.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 5 of 77
latest reply

Clamp down on abusive buyers while at the same time clamping down on abusive sellers.  There are far too many of both here.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 6 of 77
latest reply

Stop manipulating visability with ever changing algorithms.  

Message 7 of 77
latest reply

1. Shorten the UPI process for sellers.

2. Simplify the INR and SNAD process for buyers.

3. Raise the bar for entry for New Sellers.

4. Hold sellers accountable if they don't ship within their stated handling time.

Sorry, couldn’t post just one.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 8 of 77
latest reply

Bring back the tool that showed all "orphaned" but still open sessions. It showed where they were opened and gave you the opportunity to close them. There was such a tool up until a couple years ago, when it was removed. To my knowledge there is no way currently to check for these not closed sessions. It was a great tool for security, to be able to see where your account has been opened & I thought it made pages load faster when all orphaned sessions were closed.

The other thing I miss is the "views counter" that was on the profile page of every ebay member, that disappeared. I liked to be able to see how many members visited, as a help see how much traffic my listings where getting.

Message 9 of 77
latest reply

Come up with a GOOD advertising campaign that includes a promotion to remind people that eBay is still relevant.

Message 10 of 77
latest reply

@medontmind wrote:

Bring back the tool that showed all "orphaned" but still open sessions. It showed where they were opened and gave you the opportunity to close them. There was such a tool up until a couple years ago, when it was removed. To my knowledge there is no way currently to check for these not closed sessions. It was a great tool for security, to be able to see where your account has been opened & I thought it made pages load faster when all orphaned sessions were closed.

The other thing I miss is the "views counter" that was on the profile page of every ebay member, that disappeared. I liked to be able to see how many members visited, as a help see how much traffic my listings where getting.

Would you mind describing that a little more.  What is an "orphaned session"?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 77
latest reply

To boil this down to one thing is extremely difficult IMHO.

It is my opinion that the continued decline in the GMV is in part due to the lack of Seller Protection.  Many sellers have come to the conclusion that selling high $$ items is just too risky here and therefore take their business elsewhere.  They will sell lower $$ items and take the risk, but move higher ones away.  If enough sellers are doing that, it impacts the GMV.

There once was a bit of hope on the horizon to have some changes happen with Seller Protections to help ensure a more balanced and reasonable system.  However with the recent Town Hall and the Spring Seller Update, for me, Ebay is simply not listening and likely don't see a need to do this.  Even though they keep saying they hear us and agree that some changes should happen to better protect sellers.

But instead the Town Hall was completely silent on any specific upcoming changes and worse yet the Spring Seller update INCREASED the protections for a buyer that has filed for a return.  More than doubling their time to actually return the item.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 77
latest reply

For all the sellers that insist on using GSP clarify what the heck International Priority Shipping is with an actual shipping service. By the time an item eventually arrives in Canada it was never really priority shipping. It may as well state it will arrive eventually and cost more than it should.

-Lotz

Message 13 of 77
latest reply

As I interpret it, it means a session where you have logged on to ebay from some other device and then left it open when you moved on to some other device.  It could also be some hacker has signed in to your account somewhere.

There used to be a tool to tell you if you were logged in elsewhere but that tool is either nowhere to be found or doesn't work.   

There are instructions on the help pages for logging off all devices but those instructions don't work, for me at least.  Those instructions are here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/signing-account/signing-account?id=4189&st=12&pos=1&query=Signing%...

Message 14 of 77
latest reply

An orphaned session is one that hasn't been closed, has not been signed  out of, before another session is opened. I'm not  very good at explaining computer geek stuff. Maybe someone else can explain it better. If you use Gmail  there is a link "Details" at the bottom right corner of the inbox, click that and a window opens up to show you if you have any  un closed sessions and where sessions have been opened from. Ebay had a similar link that I only knew of  from the message boards.

Message 15 of 77
latest reply