cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the NEW promotion offer of 20% off FVFs for sell items of 50 dollars or more

RE: Question about the NEW promotion offer of 20% off FVFs for sell items of 50 dollars or more.

I just posted 5 relists, using this new promo. (5 total listings offered)

after listing 5...It did not use them/ the 5 are still in my offer bin (lower page)

...My Question; is It for BRAND NEW LISTINGS?

I did RE- Lists..... I relisted 5 old listings.  they were all over 50 dollars

thank's for all your comments/ concerns/ helpful replies-

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Question about the NEW promotion offer of 20% off FVFs for sell items of 50 dollars or more

wolfbyte
Guide

Yes, they have to be new listings, not relistings. The offer details read " Items listed prior to a seller activating the Promotion, or July 20, 2017, will not be eligible for the discount."  The system appers to recognize that you are relisting items that were originally created before today, July 20 and does not apply the promo offer. ebay has run similar promotions and relists won't qualify. Have tried doing the same thing you did in the past and it didn't work for the reason stated above. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

No they do NOT have to be "new from scratch" listings. Any listing listed (or relisted) AFTER you accept the offer will qualify. The 5 will show until an item listed under the promo sells. That's the way these promos work.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

As long as the item number is new, then the listing qualifies for the promotion.   The listings are not counted until they actually sell and the final price is determined.  In other words, you could launch more than 5 listings -- the first 5 that sell for $50 or more get the FVF discount.

By the way, the promo I received is for a 50% discount, not 20%.

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@duchess-at-speakeasy wrote:

As long as the item number is new, then the listing qualifies for the promotion.   The listings are not counted until they actually sell and the final price is determined.  In other words, you could launch more than 5 listings -- the first 5 that sell for $50 or more get the FVF discount.

By the way, the promo I received is for a 50% discount, not 20%.

~~C~~

I got the 20% also.  Hardly worth the trouble.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Very Cool...so after the sale it adds to 5 total...understood ! ...Thank You !
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Thank you... It makes sense..so they have to be brand New Created listings. Thanks !
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

No, they don't have to be brand new created listings. Just a new item number.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@lookng2015 wrote:

No they do NOT have to be "new from scratch" listings. Any listing listed (or relisted) AFTER you accept the offer will qualify. The 5 will show until an item listed under the promo sells. That's the way these promos work.

I ended and relisted my 2 biggest priced items. They didn't work either. Says I have all 5 available..shrugs

RRR
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

You have all 5 available because you haven't sold any yet. The promotion is not for 5 free listings it is for a discount on your fvf when your items sell. If you list 100 items during the promo period the first 5 that sell will get the fvf discount. That's when you will see the numbers change.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

so you can list 10 to 20 or 30 listings..after the promo begins...and if up to 5 sell...you get the 20 percent off of FVF fees of the first 5 that sell...is that right?....I hope so....thank you for the help !
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Way Cool ...Understood---thanx for the explanation ! 🙂
Message 12 of 12
latest reply