cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about refund request.

So need some help on what to do as this is a new one for me. Have a buyer who messaged me that the item they bought was broken when they received it and included pictures of the broken part. The problem is that part was 100% not broken when I packaged it. I even took pictures as I was doing last checks and packing it and it was still fine. I do have it listed that the item is sold “as is” and don’t offer returns but I don’t know what to fully do in this case with eBay’s policies.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

If the buyer receives the item broken, they are covered by the MBG and your As Is and No Returns don't mean anything.

Has the buyer filed an INAD yet or just messaged you about the item?

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

"included pictures of broken part"...nice...only a few buyers would actually do that for a seller.

Not saying it was not packaged to the maximum so it would not get broken...but it did.

If it was me I would refund buyer if it cannot be resold(returned) for a profit...

Would I want a return on something broken at my expense...no

And maybe get an OK feedback...or usually no feedback.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

They’ve just messaged me about the item.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Ebay has a money back guarantee policy that trumps your no returns, only thing you can do is either send a return label or refund them if/when they open a case.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

Ebay has a money back guarantee policy that trumps your no returns, only thing you can do is either send a return label or refund them if/when they open a case.

Doesn't ebay send the label ... and charge the seller?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Okay kinda had a feeling that just giving them the refund would be the answer. My next question is can I make a insurance claim with USPS since I ship through eBay using Ground Advantage since the item has to have been damaged in transport or am I just SOL?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Buyer has to open a INAD, seller will then get a choice to either refund total or send a buyer a return label.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Yes, you can file a claim with USPS.

Ask the buyer for a few pictures of the item and package, then refund the buyer.
Have the buyer hang on to the item and package so it can be inspected.
You file a claim with USPS.

Have a great day.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Yes you can make a insurance claim but would help if the buyer hangs onto the item, shipping box and packing materiel. The PO will most likely request the item be brought to the buyer's local PO for inspection. The main thing is if the shipping box shows damage, if not, it'll be a tough to win. I stop shipping breakables though the PO so I haven't filed a claim in over a year. Best to search the boards for USPS claims, some will show the process.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply