cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of eBay Throttling My Sales

I had 4 sales the other day (yes, count them, 4!!) and they all came out of the same inventory bin. If that's not proof then I don't know what is!!

Yes, they went to CA, TX, MI and PA but it's obvious that eBay is looking at my custom field and selecting to only show items out of specific bins. I guess they noticed that I had a lot of items in that bin and figured they would even out my inventory.

I think this is wrong on eBay's part and my items should come out of every bin!

PS- Obviously, this is tongue-in-cheek, but all 4 sales did come out of the same bin 🙂

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Proof of eBay Throttling My Sales

Were they by chance new listings?

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

Or it is Adam Smith's Invisible Hand at work.

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

I see 5 sales.

Did you miss one? Smiley Wink

https://bio.link/langs
Message 4 of 35
latest reply

I really don't know what you're getting at - you've had from 2-16 sales a day since March 31st. Some of us have days of no sales followed by a spurt of sales for a day or two. I had a rash of sale yesterday that my husband mailed today - I made a postal run at about noon as I had 4 more sales and came home to 2 more while I was gone. Because I may not have any sales for a couple of days - does that mean I'm being throttled?

As nice as it is to blame someone else if I don't have sales - that's the name of the game when selling online or a B&M. 

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

If that's not proof then I don't know what is!!

I agree!!

grinning

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

You may want to re-read the last sentence of that post.
Message 7 of 35
latest reply

That's the thing about coincidences... statistically speaking you're supposed to see rare patterns come up once in a while. Thanks for the post, I lol'd.
Message 8 of 35
latest reply

Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

It's incredible, isn't it? My last five sales have all been pulled from bookcase #1. How friggin' weird is that??    I mean, shouldn't at least two of those sales  come from bookcase #2? What about the bins?? Why didn't any come from the bins??? Perhaps my bin storage sales are being throttled!?!?!?

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 9 of 35
latest reply

Sometimes I sell stuff. 

Sometimes I don't. 

In the second case it must be because ebay just doesn't like me, bin or no bin.

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

How amazing is it that ebay knows what inventory bin your items can be found in....  

Just as amazing as how many books I have sold since I pulled them from my two store accounts and put them altogether in a non-store account - ebay must have been throttling the books in my store accounts all these years.    Never mind that half my book listings sold were new listings. 

Seems to me a lot of you all give a technologically challenged ebay far too much credit for being able to manpiulate sales.....

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

@jakesbarn911

It may be tongue and cheek but starting these types of topics to get people fired up do not belong here.

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@jakesbarn911

It may be tongue and cheek but starting these types of topics to get people fired up do not belong here.

Oh good grief, go buy yourself a sense of humor.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 13 of 35
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

@coolections wrote:

@jakesbarn911

Knowing the sellers on eBay, I’m sure that you can buy one! I’m sure you can get a nice, high-quality one from China.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 14 of 35
latest reply

@*coins wrote:

@dtexley3 wrote:

@coolections wrote:

@jakesbarn911

Knowing the sellers on eBay, I’m sure that you can buy one! I’m sure you can get a nice, high-quality one from China.

pretty much what I was thinking when I said it..... hehehe.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 15 of 35
latest reply