cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted listings

Why will it not let me promote my items on here?  I had several .99 auctions that i would promote, but i am unable so to protect myself i had to raise the prices.  Unfortunate…. I have an excellent seller rating and need this reinstated.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Promoted listings

Not sure I understand the correlation between promoted listings and "protect myself". Not sure why you are promoting or at what percent but there is not proof that the use of PL increases sales and in your case it does not appear to be a major factor you have sold 67 items in the past 90 days and currently only have 80 listed. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Promoted listings

@seb471 wrote:

Why will it not let me promote my items on here?  I had several .99 auctions that i would promote, but i am unable so to protect myself i had to raise the prices.  Unfortunate…. I have an excellent seller rating and need this reinstated.

Used to be you could pay $1.99 to promote auctions - Now they have changed the program to be like fixed price where you can select the percentage of the entire sale you wish to promote at...

Since you have NO WAY of having even the most remote clue as to what percentage would be most effective, it might be best to go with ebay's "recommended rate" of somewhere between an additional 12% to 19% of the entire sale - You'll be giving up around 30% of the transaction, which can easily equate to 40% to 50% of the item's selling price, but hey...at least you might sell it, right?

What a crock...in my most humble opinion...

Message 3 of 3
latest reply