cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Shopping Cart - I think

I have been trying (on my selling ID) since 8/12 to purchase 2 items from a seller that I have purchased from before - but only 1 item.  Her policy states buy one for $7.00 with $4.00 shipping and get each additional item for $7.00 with only .50¢ extra shipping.    

I put 2 items in my cart (I want one in copper and one in bronze) -- $7.00 + $4.00 + $7.00 + $4.00 (that total came to $22.00) so I clicked the button to REQUEST a TOTAL that would work out to be $7.00 + $7.00 + $4.50 shipping = $18.50 and got a red message that this seller does NOT combine shipping so I sent her a message since she clearly has a combined shipping policy and asked for her help.   

Eventually a few days later the seller sent me a message and said "ok, let me check what happened and I will revert as soon as possible. Sorry for all the inconvenience caused."

A couple more days go by without hearing from her so I sent another message and said I really need the supplies, could she please send me a combined Invoice.

She messaged me that she was having problems with her "computer" and would get to it as soon as possible.

I cleared out my "cart" because I didn't want eBay to think I had committed to buy these 2 without the reduced shipping. 

A few more days go by and I sent another message and asked if she was able to get everything straightened out and she said she fixed the problem so I went and added the 2 items back into my cart and this time was able to REQUEST A TOTAL from SELLER.

I got the email from eBay that says Invoice Request - with the 2 separate items - no shipping info in this email - that asks the seller to send me an Invoice.  

I hear nothing from the seller but in my cart it showed I had 2 items waiting to be paid. 

Then I receive an email today (8/29) from ebay@ebay . com that says: PAY NOW -- and when I clicked to view the details it had both items with regular shipping - with a TOTAL of $22.00.  The item numbers for both are identical but it does show one is for copper and 1 is for bronze.   It also says:  You've committed to buy these items, please continue to checkout".

Since that is clearly not the amount it's supposed to be I sent the seller a message that says this Invoice is incorrect and would she please send me one that is correct. 

However, today when I hover my mouse over my Purchase History it says: Unpaid Items - and inside it shows both separate items with the same regular shipping for both items totaling $22.00 and in both boxes it shows a Tracking #.   Does this tracking # mean the seller has shipped my items??

I sent another message just now and said there still seems to be a problem with this shopping cart and if she cannot straighten it out to please cancel my order.

I think eBay might think I have committed to buy and just am not paying.  There is also a box in the cart that says "Save for Later".     I guess if worse comes to worse I can click that button.   

Trying to just buy 2 items since 8/12 - and not being able to is very frustrating.  

I'm not sure now, if it's just that the Shopping Cart is not working or if the seller doesn't know how to handle this request.  

I surely hope I do not get an Unpaid Item Strike on my account!

I will be gone the entire day and won't be back until tonight.  

Any advice??

Thanks very much.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0