cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please pick the category for us

We have no idea - there are a few - crafts, collect, clothing and others all have something 'almost ' like the thing in photo, but none real fix.

HELPIMG_3182.JPG

FYI - that red thing is a gas lighter, really heater that you use to melt? the letters in - but can't really understand the 'eng-germ-ish' on the back. From 81, back when you could buy your kid a thing that got really hot as a toy. You know, the good old days.

Thank you folks for any ideas

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

FYI on the lighter:

https://postalpro.usps.com/product-classification/lighters

A lighter equipped with an ignition element and containing fuel is classified as a Class 3 flammable liquid. A lighter containing a flammable gas is classed as a Division 2.1 flammable gas. A lighter that contains either flammable liquid or flammable gas is permitted in domestic mail via surface transportation only with prior written approval, provided all the applicable requirements of 343.25 are met.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Use every character to come up with a title and go with the category eBay recommends.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I would not try to sell this at all, in any category.  I would fear that the 42-year-old lighter/heater will either not work at all, or will not work properly and will cause personal injury.   And I'm  a person who feels that, in general, we've become overly fearful and cautious as a society, so if it makes me nervous...   Anyhow, think about it.

-

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

FYI - that red thing is a gas lighter, really heater that you use to melt? the letters in - but can't really understand the 'eng-germ-ish' on the back. From 81, back when you could buy your kid a thing that got really hot as a toy. You know, the good old days.

Thank you folks for any ideas

Well, for starters, that's not a toy. It's what appears to be a butane lighter heating a fixture that holds your choice of metal letters, which you then use to burn your initials (or maybe a few more than three characters) on materials such as wood or leather.

It looks to be dry and unopened New Old Stock, so I would just list it and see if it gets any interest. As for what category to put it in, I would look at hobby categories such as woodburning kits, someplace like that.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

OP

Thank you to everybody 

To first person - You replied to our 'used camping stove to norway' boo-boo so we remember that - and besides we are pretty sure that this was sold empty gas wise, and if it did come filled the rubber gaskets is long 'dead' and the gas long gone.

#2 - we do sell similar and the ones it pick after title was changed to - 'Vintage HOT Monograms! - Letters and Heater - FirePrint Germany From 1981 or 83' - didn't fix, hence came here to all you smart people.

And as the card back has 'patent pending and issued' for many counties, we look up the us number and listed both dates.  

#3 - As I said above, most likely rubber dead so even if 'you' tried tank wouldn't fill.  And besides, this is most likely going on display and not bought to use.

#4 - boss would hire you - you saw it was sealed and old and so no shipping restrictions. And your 'hobby categories' would sound to me a good starting point -- but as I'm not the person 'asking' - I just work here too, I will pass this along to her, but something tells me she thought of that already. Hopeful you pined it. 

But anybody reading, please add your nine cents [inflation]

Message 6 of 6
latest reply