cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help! EBay relisting old old sold listing???

It happened to me already twice within a month. I sold the same items which I sold while ago. I do not understand how this might happened, and what action should I take to stop this. I do not have automatic relisting turned on in my store. Is there anything hidden? Please Help!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

There are a few ways this is occurring.

1. The toggle option to "keep sold items active" randomly reverts to the "on" option.  You obviously wouldn't notice unless you're paying close attention.  When you end and sell similar, the sold item now reverts to inventory of "1" and is available for purchase. 

You can find this option at seller hub>account settings>seller preferences>keep sold items active toggle option

2.  This is the most common cause: When you bulk end a group of items, occasionally there's an error, with 1 or sometimes multiple listings.  If you notice it, you'll see a red outlined Ebay message indicating there was a problem ending the item.  Again, unless you're paying close attention or have business policies active, you won't notice.   Here's why business policies comes into play. 

Ebay will packet the items with an error into a business policy, but, when you go to look at the items in the policy, there's none.  What you have to do is modify the policy which will trigger an Ebay report.  Open the report in Xcel, and you'll see the associated item number(s).  From here, you can salvage the listings, by selling similar.  

But, here's the most important piece of information.  The items, although ended, will become "unsold" again on at the end of the 30 day cycle for each particular item.  If you've followed the above steps, you simply need to delete the item(s) once they become "unsold".

I know this is convuluted, but, I have extensive experience with these processes.  If you want to save yourself from "out of stock" defect, you"ll take heed.

This is my experience with the so called "ghost listings".

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If you don't provide the item number, it is difficult to say what's going on. One reason may be that perhaps you indicated  quantity 2, instead of 1, so when one sold, the "other" was still available.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

From what i've read...

It is impossible to stop these "ghost listings".

They happen to random people at random times.

I myself have never had one in 20+ years.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

ghost listings are just another Ebay flaw we are expected to overlook. Ebay probably likes this problem because a seller can only have a few not in stock defects before their fees go sky high

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

There are a few ways this is occurring.

1. The toggle option to "keep sold items active" randomly reverts to the "on" option.  You obviously wouldn't notice unless you're paying close attention.  When you end and sell similar, the sold item now reverts to inventory of "1" and is available for purchase. 

You can find this option at seller hub>account settings>seller preferences>keep sold items active toggle option

2.  This is the most common cause: When you bulk end a group of items, occasionally there's an error, with 1 or sometimes multiple listings.  If you notice it, you'll see a red outlined Ebay message indicating there was a problem ending the item.  Again, unless you're paying close attention or have business policies active, you won't notice.   Here's why business policies comes into play. 

Ebay will packet the items with an error into a business policy, but, when you go to look at the items in the policy, there's none.  What you have to do is modify the policy which will trigger an Ebay report.  Open the report in Xcel, and you'll see the associated item number(s).  From here, you can salvage the listings, by selling similar.  

But, here's the most important piece of information.  The items, although ended, will become "unsold" again on at the end of the 30 day cycle for each particular item.  If you've followed the above steps, you simply need to delete the item(s) once they become "unsold".

I know this is convuluted, but, I have extensive experience with these processes.  If you want to save yourself from "out of stock" defect, you"ll take heed.

This is my experience with the so called "ghost listings".

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you so much for the information. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply