cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal removed the "Classic Site" button..

Paypal removed the "Classic Site" button. Is there a link where I can still get to it?

I need the classic site for bookkeeping stuff. On the latest site, paypal either made functions not work right, or removed them altogether.

Thanks

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Easiest way to get to part of it is to click on one of your sales customers - once in the second window - scroll to the bottom left and select

view this one on the classic site.  Once there you should have choices above for the classic site.

Unfortunately - the "find" will not be the same - you will not be able to use a EBAY ID or last name;

it looks like it is gone and the date field is still not helpful.

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

I found one.

At the bottom of most PayPal pages, click on the Help & Contact link.

There is a Classic Site link at the bottom of that page.

For me, anyway.  And who knows for how much longer.

I have the Classic Site bookmarked and it always gets me there even when I have to log in.

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

@muttlymob wrote:

I found one.

At the bottom of most PayPal pages, click on the Help & Contact link.

There is a Classic Site link at the bottom of that page.

For me, anyway.  And who knows for how much longer.

I have the Classic Site bookmarked and it always gets me there even when I have to log in.

I've explained my situation to paypal, and asked for a link, and they pretended the classic site is gone.

Your method works perfectly. You can't imagine how much you just helped me. Thank you very much. 

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

Paypal needs to make up their mind lol

My micropayments account looks totally different from my Premier account (both the new setup.) Micro has no classic link, Premier has the classic link at the bottom. My personal account has never gone to the new, it's still the classic style.

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 5 of 32
latest reply

@muttlymob wrote:

... At the bottom of most PayPal pages, click on the Help & Contact link.

My view (Businesss account) has separate links for Help and for Contact, and neither one yields any path to the Classic site.

Could you please post the link that you have?  It wil go to MY equivalent of that page, not to your account.

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

Try this one:

https://www.paypal.com/signin?returnUri=http%3A%2F%2Furi.paypal.com%2FWeb%2FWeb%2Fcgi-bin%2Fwebscr%3...

Note:  when I click on the "contact us" at the bottom of that page, it brings me to a page with the Classic Site link at the bottom.

From the variety of different pages being shown to different users, it would appear that the Classic Site and any links to it are being removed, and sooner rather than later will not be available to anyone.

That reeks.

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

Sigh. Thanks for trying.

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

Here's the link to the Contact Us page, it's the page I get by clicking on the Contact Us at the bottom of that sign-in page, without signing in:

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/home

It has the Classic Site link at the bottom.  For me anyway.

Might it be browser related?  Or might tossing your cookies help?

It seems like this one should work for others since I am not even signed in to get to that page.

I guess I should be getting ready for my classic links to all disappear soon too.

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

@posting*master

Try these links...

Classic site history page...

https://history.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history

Classic site profile page...

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/customerprofile/summary.view

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

Another classis case of "if it ain't broke fix it". The new site looks like it has kindergarten children in mind for the layout and there are several extra clicks to get what I need and some things are not even available any longer. Its sad that the employee's behind this probably get a nice paycheck as well as bonuses.

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

That's often the cse when sites are simplified for the sake of their appearnce on small gadgets.  IMHO the notion that the user interface should be the same on all gadgets is an underlying problem in site design.

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

Sad but true, I like the way someone on the PayPal forum described it as the new Fisher Price format.

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

This is a trend I find extremely annoying.  As if I am ever going to do any financial work on a dumb phone.

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

Click on Activity (top of page), then over towards the right side of the page you'll see a blue Statements link.  Hit that to get to Financial Summaries.  I would give you screen shots but I can't figure out how to insert an image here with my brandy new $%^&#@ windows 10.

Message 15 of 32
latest reply