cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payout time frame

Guys - for electronic items that are delivered over eBay messaging itself, how long do you wait to get paid? Do I have to click on 'Mark as shipped' to get paid? Unfortunately I've forgotten to do that a few times in the past

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Payout time frame

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, because I know nothing about items delivered electronically, but should you be delivering the items before being paid? In other words, wouldn't the rules be the same as for actual goods like routers etc? And that rule would be:  Do not ship  til you've been paid. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I'm sorry I meant get paid by eBay and not buyer. The buyer did pay immediately

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It is my understand to sell any digital items one must be approved to do so by eBay.

If those items are software or video then the original digital media (CDROM, DVDROM or Thumb Drive) must be sold with it and shipped.  Steam game codes or console game codes differ in that as I understand it the seller must be approved to resell via the publisher.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

First do you have your Managed Payments account set up?

Without your SSN and checkingaccount info eBaycannot pay you.

After that, newbies and returning/occasional sellers have their payments Held for up to 30 days against customer satisfaction.

Eventually this requirement is ended.

And once the money is released, the default is transfer to your bank on Tuesdays.

One of my MP accounts,which reliably transfers on Tuesdays, does not see the money in that bank until Thursday. The others, with different banks, show same day deposits.

It's the bank , not eBay.

I like the weekly "paycheck", but some busy sellers opt for daily transfers while very occasional sellers may settle for monthly.  Depends on how you do your bookkeeping.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Haven't you already had some digital items removed?

If you keep listing them, probably won't have to worry about getting paid.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@iodlee 

Are you referring to the items you are selling right now? Do you have a payment method set up? You can be paid daily (usually next day) weekly or bi weekly.  What ever payment time frame you have set up that's when you'll get paid.  I believe the weekly and bi weekly option is paid out on Mondays, Tuesdays if  Monday is a holiday.  I use daily and most of the time express payout.  If you are referring to digitally delivered items, those are restricted.  You need to be approved and most are not.  Don't take a chance and get your account shut down.  You do not own the rights to those items and it's considered virtual stealing.  Do the right thing.

Happy Selling

Message 7 of 7
latest reply