cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Greed Grab

PayPal's latest greed grab:

They're raising the international payment fee from 3.9% to 4.4%. They're also increasing the international micropayments fee by the same percentage.

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

PayPal Greed Grab

Perhaps they're experiencing "an increased cost of doing business" and they're simply "passing those costs onto the customer".

Nahhhh

Woman LOL

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

PayPal Greed Grab

Another factor could be that some of the countries are devaluing/debasing their own currency - so the rise in costs would counter that - but you can't do it to some - it has to be all - so everywhere will be paying for it.

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

PayPal Greed Grab

Have never and will never ship internationally on ebay.  As long as paypal is involved, a sale is never complete.

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

PayPal Greed Grab

I agree and spent an hour seaching for an alternative method of accepting Ebay payments and find that even though we have been accepting cardit cards for over 40 years and have our own terminal and merchant account, Ebay will ONLY accept buyer credit cards through one of their authorized third party "gateway" firms. This means that in addition to the discount our bank take for the transaction, there is another hand on your wallet to the tune of $25 a month plus a fee for each tranaction and close out.  Does anybody offer another idea so we can give Paypal the boot?

Message 5 of 37
latest reply

PayPal Greed Grab

A little over 2 years and the agrement will be up.  Whether they renew it or cut ties completely, no one knows.  Right now, paypal has ebay over a barrel in that they MUST put at least 80% of their transactions through paypal, or be penalized.  That was for 5 years after the supposed split.

When those 5 years are up, who knows.  will they stay with paypal?  I like you, hope now, or at least that they allow more options.  The worst thing about ebay is paypal and the worst thing about paypal is ebay.  If they would just give buyers and sellers more choices, I think they would see that and maybe wonder why...

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

PayPal Greed Grab

@cargo11 wrote:

Another factor could be that some of the countries are devaluing/debasing their own currency - so the rise in costs would counter that - but you can't do it to some - it has to be all - so everywhere will be paying for it.

I'm not sure what that would have to do with it.  They get a cut based on how many $$$ I got paid, no matter what the exchange rate... and they don't exactly give the most favorable exchange rate either, so they make even more on the conversion.

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 7 of 37
latest reply

PayPal Greed Grab

@whatmodernwas wrote:

They're raising the international payment fee from 3.9% to 4.4%. They're also increasing the international micropayments fee by the same percentage.

Have you got a link for this?

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

PayPal Greed Grab

Well, another nail in the coffin for the GSP, too, since some will drop out due to the increase of receiving money from overseas.

I always loved it in the early days when you opened up that envelope from different countries and gazed down at the good old USA greenbacks ......... 

For those who are new here, or are just 18 or 19 years old, that is actual cash. Not bits assigned to a plastic card so that anyone can track where you spend your every dollar.

PayPal Greed Grab

I stopped internationally quite some time ago.

Just a couple od days ago, someone from the UK wanted to purchase an active listing for $30 and kick in $20 for shipping.  I went to the USPS site and found that the package would ost $60 and change to ship.

I politely but firmly declined his offer.  

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

PayPal Greed Grab

@kyal wrote:

I stopped internationally quite some time ago.

Just a couple od days ago, someone from the UK wanted to purchase an active listing for $30 and kick in $20 for shipping.  I went to the USPS site and found that the package would ost $60 and change to ship.

I politely but firmly declined his offer.  

I have a similar issue on FB for international buyers - some are okay with the price and cost of shipping, however, some buyers from certain countries only want to pay $xx.xx including shipping - or they ask that I the amt be lowered which I will not do.  

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

dvgvintage
Message 11 of 37
latest reply

PayPal Greed Grab

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@whatmodernwas wrote:

Have you got a link for this?

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full?locale.x=en

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

PayPal Greed Grab

I would have no problem with paypal increasing their prices (they got rid of their discount tiers, and now this increase) if we had other options on ebay. It's really not right that we are forced to use paypal.

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

PayPal Greed Grab

so paypal is milking the rates the best they can now that they are forced to use them.
Message 15 of 37
latest reply