cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside site is proxying my listing

While researching the model number of an item I have listed I stumbled into what appears to be a site re-selling my item listing by proxy and adding a markup.

I have my item eBay item listed here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/222693904942?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

...and here is the outside site:
https://www.edgeline.top/keychain-blue-rollerskate-russ-berrie-item-6161-plastic-good-cond-p-20719.h...

Exact same wording, using my images, etc. Not sure what to do about this: Since it's an outside site I can't think of much that eBay can do. I did not find any category under "contact us" which enabled me to report this. I noticed that this item has an unusually high view count, as if it is reading the listing each time the page is loaded by a visitor and reposting it in their format.

The listing has 1 day left. Will update link if I relist.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@ilibarcodelil Now that you have marked your item up you should be the lucky one to buy it from them to see how they handle it.  Cheer$ 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Look at the bottom of this page for 'Affiliates' and read up on that.  It could be this other site may help you sell your item by someone buying through their link.

Not sure that's what it is though.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Thanks I didn't know about that. The wording on the affiliate site is "You’ll earn a percentage of eBay’s revenue whenever you send someone to eBay..." -as to imply that there are no proxy listings, just link referrals to the eBay site.

I've seen adSense displays pointing to my listings but nothing like this where it's a totally different site and price.

The outside site marked my 7.99 listing to 19.99 so I revised my listing to 20.00 and the outside site did not mark it up further so maybe it isn't as live as I think it is.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Update: I did a WHOIS on the outside site's domain, which gave an address which is the Intel Museum at 2200 College Mission Boulevard, not a residence. The IP for the domain is a CloudFlare server. The WHOIS points to a yahoo email. The phone number is also affiliated with a similarly-designed http://www.collectiongoods.top/.

The site's ABOUT US section has the line "We is a bold, straight talking and forward thinking fashion brand inspired by real life that aims to do exactly that." I am not a detective but judging by the poor english, contact name which does not show up in any affiliation with Intel corp, and unrealistic street address, this site looks like it is of overseas origin using bogus WHOIS data.
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

It's not an affilliate site, but I think they are having their items dropshipped.

Their customer will buy from their web site, then they will buy from you and have it shipped to their customer.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

The Chinglish is a your main clue   LOL

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

The outside site marked my 7.99 listing to 19.99 so I revised my listing to 20.00 and the outside site did not mark it up further so maybe it isn't as live as I think it is.
------------------
Either that or they have not assumed you were raising your prices - they will be in a shock if it sells!
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

I wanted to suggest that !!!

You can have a LOT of fun with this if you want !!!

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Your ad shows the keychain listed as $1337.  I used the link you provided.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Guess the OP is using quite the "markup" Hahahahaha - you are right - it shows as $1337! WOW
Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@ilibarcodelil Now that you have marked your item up you should be the lucky one to buy it from them to see how they handle it.  Cheer$ 🙂

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

I was thinking the same thing.

Have a great day
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

The drop shipper will either claim to suddenly be out of stock, or lose $1317.00 (146,879 yen).

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

I changed my mind... (-:
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

What's even weirder. If you check that site under Shoes - there are listings for 3 fur hats (LOL) but, they have one of them listed 'on sale' but I found the eBay listing and it's still at full price (go figure). So, don't know quite what their business model is, but it definitely needs more work.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 15 of 23
latest reply