cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orders $10 and Less

I'm with ebay basically since it's opened its doors. Over 22+ years and I must say that the fees are really starting to get crazy on these small sales. For example, on a $5 sale lets say shipping is $4.50, add the buyers tax(which is so sleazy) and then they take at 12.5%. Now add a 30 cent transaction fee and the real PERCENTAGE THEY HAVE BEEN TAKING OUT ARE 31%...That's just sick to me! When is enough, enough? How much greed must there be by these executives only worrying about their own pockets and shareholders? How about the backbone of ebay? That is us small sellers! We must unite, because this is getting crazy and no wonder why people are leaving and selling all over niche sites and social media. I am extremely loyal to ebay and only buy and sell here, but I understand why people are jumping ship.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Orders $10 and Less

@stephenmorgan wrote:

I see what you mean, but isn't 12.55% the fee eBay charges.  Maybe I am wrong, but that is what I thought.

So if you charge $5.75 minus the 12.55% ($0.72) then you would have $5.03 to use on shipping cost.

International it is about 14.20%

You are right.  I forgot that it is 12%.   My packaging materials cost me around 10 to 15 cents at the very most.  Many times it's free minus tape & ink which is quite cheap.  I reuse packaging material and it is in very good condition...most times one cannot tell that it is used.

I am frugal!  😁  You have to be if you are selling here.

@stephenmorgan 

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

"$5 items, unless on an account with un-tracked shipments where the tracking metrics don't come into play would be a fools errand, as that would be done as a "loss".  "

I guess I would be in this category because I have 100's of items at $3.50 each and hardly ever sale one.  The fees on the shipping are higher than the fees on the item.

But I am like you,

" I value my time at "nothing".  If I wasn't doing it.............    I would probably be doing nothing, so from that view point it is actually beneficial to me from the active mind/active body viewpoint

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

That’s FEEBAY for you! Greedy!

Message 18 of 18
latest reply