Did you mean: 

Order placed by mistake

Really?

All the clicks by mistake? or some?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Order placed by mistake

Seems to be a lot of that going around lately.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Order placed by mistake

Good question. 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Order placed by mistake

I think because eBay sends them an email confirming the purchase with similar items that are cheaper.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Order placed by mistake

When I buy something, those 3-4 clicks all happen in quick succession.

Ebay isn't really making me think 3-4 times here, I make my decision and then click-click-click done!

That is how it works, so yes it is quite possible to make those clicks by mistake but more often than not the buyer discovers an error and so decides it is better to cancel.

As a seller I am usually glad they do, because otherwise I have to pay for shipping just to get a return for "Not as described" and then I can pay for them shipping it back too.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Order placed by mistake

I agree with @broto_64 . It is entirely possible , and very easy to do. Mistakes happen. Easy for a seller to price a 99.99 item at 9.99... buyers and sellers make mistakes. 

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Order placed by mistake

Some are a mistake, most probably aren't.  While I hate it as a seller, I'd rather cancel than have them do a false INAD, which if they're lying about this, they'll lie and file a false INAD.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Order placed by mistake

Top fake excuse. That and my 2 year old bought it. Lol. Biggest Seller excuse for forgetting to ship...Family Death. 

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Order placed by mistake

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

I agree with @broto_64 . It is entirely possible , and very easy to do. Mistakes happen. Easy for a seller to price a 99.99 item at 9.99... buyers and sellers make mistakes. 

I agree with you but some sellers don't. 

Some sellers come here blaming a simple typo on ebay.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Order placed by mistake

Learned long ago to follow the wood workers rule  "To measure twice and cut once" (if it is expensive wood measure 3 times). Those mouse clicks or screen taps are controlled by a human.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Order placed by mistake

eBay ad pages are a mess of unrelated ads to the item the buyer is supposed to be interested in. It's possible that someone not used to the mess would think they are buying one of the other items pictured.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Order placed by mistake

They should have one of the options be, "Order placed late at night while drunk."  At least this would be an honest reason.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Order placed by mistake

What is going on? Something must have changed . I normally get 3 cancellation requests in a year. This week I have had 2 out of 7 orders request cancellation and 1 that did not pay.  I have to admit that I prefer cancellation requests over nonpayers, because they don't tie up my item. but I still have to deal with the cancellation.  I hope this is not going to be a new trend.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Order placed by mistake

@hartungcards wrote:

They should have one of the options be, "Order placed late at night while drunk."  At least this would be an honest reason.

And maybe a warning like - Please make sure any cats and dogs are locked in another room to prevent them from bidding/buying.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Order placed by mistake

By mistake does NOT always mean 'accidently oops I bought and wasn't trying to'...

MORE times than not (because I ask EVERY one of my customers 'WHY?' and the reasons are 'found it cheaper' 'didn't realize xyz' ' my wife bought it but I don't want' etc. 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply