cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offsite Ad billed vs Report Discrepancy?

I stopped my Off Site ad campaign because it occurred to me that it's quite possible we pay for other seller's comps from clicks. That seems like a fruitless endeavor.

BUT to the point.
Is anyone using Off Site ads? When generating the report for the last 7 days it does not reflect the total I was billed.

Insight appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I don't use Off Site ad campaigns because I have the same concern as you.

If a potential buyer clicks on my listing through Off Site ads, is shown my listing plastered with sponsored ads from other sellers and then clicks through to one of those listings and buys from another seller, why pay for the click? 

Or are potential buyers shown clean listings without sponsored ads plastered all over them?

Not sure how the billing works. Were you billed more than expected?

Perhaps one of the community mentors can provide advice in that area.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I don't subscribe to off site ads I use PLS that's enough for me.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I was billed more than expected. I wasn't a lot but it was peculiar in the report (I thought). I stopped them after just a few days because the slow sales digs into your pocket with a PPC.

The comps idea/problem came up when I was searching Google Lens for the similar item to get a price and clicked through to a person's listing. It occurred then to me, that a seller advertising with off site ads might get a click from another seller doing what I did (not necessarily through Lens). That seller would be charged if it was an ad.

That part is an absolute concern because that is happening for sure, bringing people Ebay and they buy another listing other than mine doesn't concern me much. If we could get returning eyeballs that would be a good thing. I say that when honestly I haven't used them enough for that equation to hurt but one thing I do know, charging a seller for another sellers "look and see" is not a good thing.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply