cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offer on Listing Came Too Late

Hi Folks,

I've been having issues with receiving messages from ebay in a timely manner.  I received an offer I would have accepted, but it had expired.  I hadn't been online the last few days but I have messages set to arrive in my local email program (which this didn't). This person had made an earlier offer which was auto-rejected because it was too low. The next one they sent was what I was willing to take.

Does anyone know if a buyer can send yet another offer? I sent the person a message explaining what happened, but wasn't sure about suggesting they try again.

Thanks in advance for any help - I looked but couldn't find anything on the subject.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Offer on Listing Came Too Late

LIST the item BIN w/o offers at the buyer's acceptable offer price and message them it is relisted. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Since you have the potential customer's name you can contact her through Messages.

You can set up a special listing for her-- I use the customer's name as the title when I do this and also give a deadline after which I Revise to a normal title and change any specific price and shipping if necessary.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Wow!  What great advise!!!!  

Grandma

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Hey tev4all,

Thanks for the advice. The only problem is that the listing is for two items - so I'd be taking less by using the offer price. The offer stated they were only interested in one, so that was okay.

But yeah, that's an option.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Thank you femmefan1946.

But I'm not sure what you mean by "special listing". How does using someone's user name jibe with the suggestions ebay makes for a category? Or do you mean just adding their name along with the listing title? And you give them a deadline via a message? Sorry I'm being a bit dense. Just want to understand your suggestion.

Anyway, they've not responded to my message explaining the problem. I think I'll wait and see if they respond before doing anything with the listing.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I just had same thing happen. I just received two offers from the past two days and I just NOW got the messages. I would have accepted too since it was only a few dollars off. There is definitely a delay. I don't know why I am not getting them. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I guess it's not just me, then. I plan on letting eBay know about this issue, and perhaps you should too. In the meantime, I'll  just have to log on every day to make sure I'm not missing messages!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Take the original listing. and click on Sell Similar.

Change the title to the customer's eBay ID.

No one else is likely to find it, that's the only reason.

Change the price and/or shipping or any other detail to match your offer.

Tell the customer how to find it (it's her name, shouldn't be hard) and give her a short deadline. Yes, eBay Messages.

If she doesn't pay by the deadline either delete the listing or change it to something more saleable.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@mountaingigi wrote:

I guess it's not just me, then. I plan on letting eBay know about this issue, and perhaps you should too. In the meantime, I'll  just have to log on every day to make sure I'm not missing messages!

There are dozens of SMTP servers, DNS lookups, MX servers, routers, firewalls, repeaters, filters, MTA servers, MUAs, mail clients, etc. between the email eBay sends and the email you receive. 

Any one of those (or any combination of them) could be responsible for delaying an email. If you are relying on email for timely notifications, you will eventually be disappointed.

IMHO sellers should be logging into the eBay system at least once a day to check for messages, offers or disputes. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply