cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing sells anymore

First time ever my store fees are more than my monthly sales.

i 'm a top rated seller with approx 500 items listed over 2 IDs, and 1.02% defect rate.  BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO BE SELLING FOR WEEKS NOW

This place has turned into a freaking ghost town.

I wil be cancleing my store subscription unless i can see a turnaround this month. It no longer make sense to spend any time around here.

Message 1 of 98
latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

Re: Nothing sells anymore

The same exact thing has happened to me.

It's good to know that I am not alone.

What on earth, happened to ebay?

Where did everyone go?   😞

Message 76 of 98
latest reply

Our sales have been turned off  most  of the weekend.We are paying for a service,yet they can turn our sales off and on at will.

Message 77 of 98
latest reply

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhZOMBIE THREADarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 78 of 98
latest reply

Truly terrible. Nothing seems to sell at even half the price of other sellers. High end or low end items - it makes no difference. It's been like this for years now.

Message 79 of 98
latest reply

It is that ebay has turned some of us off, sales are there.  Except ebay is showing items from some sellers only and I don't understand how that works.

I am following 3 sellers who are having record sales.  They are all selling in the new and used clothing category.....just average types like most of us.   

One seller had 30 sales during memorial day weekend and over 20 this past Friday and was up all night packing.   All 3 have no down days.....they always have sales every day.   I called CS to ask them why my items were not showing and she said she could not find my items and not sure why.   Just keep on listing.....

Message 80 of 98
latest reply

Soko you hit the nail on the head! Some sellers on ebay kill and others nothing! I have 600 items on ebay,but struggle to make 2 sales a day. However a local thrifter with the ebay id RUST.WOOD.PAINT sells almost anything he finds at rediculous prices and only started selling recently,he has only 189 feeds. check him out bid after bid from things he picks up at goodwill or local flea.   

I ALSO HAD 2 recent experiences with buyers that were very odd, one placed a 30.00proxy bid on a mets shirt that had a 12.99 bid by another buyer,the bid wasn't allowed,and he was IRATE HE LOST! I noticed alot of items getting 1 bid only and no matter what you list the same amount of sales or income per month,almost as if ebay is capping our sales!

The other issue with an overseas buyer on my nonstore id sent me an email stating I was charging too much shipping on an item under 8oz. I explained to him the overseas rates went up and it's 12.83 under 9oz,but I was only asking 10.75 first class. He replied he would gladly pay 10.75,but ebay global shipping program was telling him to pay 29.00 three times more then I was charging. I replied I don't even use global shipping program,I ship direct with ebay delcon service. I went to revise add and saw in fact the ebay global shipping icon was checked and so was pay immediately icon. I removed it,but when the buyer tried to purchase item,it reflected back again to 29.00 shipping fee not 10.75. Finally I relisted item using sell a similar item which gave it new id# and made sure global shipping program and pay immediately were removed,only then was the buyer able to purchase item at my shipping rate! So is ebay over charging overseas buyers using global shipping program killing overseas sales to nonebay store owners? If you use global shipping,stop and use delcon which has tracking to many countries in europe and canada. block the countries that don't use it! 

Message 81 of 98
latest reply

I liken eBay to women...it doesn't age well !
Message 82 of 98
latest reply

Smiley Mad

Message 83 of 98
latest reply

What other selling sure is there besides Amazon,? I was reading about Bonanza, anyone heard of it or know anything àbout it??
Message 84 of 98
latest reply

Two and a half year old thread, and Bonanza is a ghost town

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 85 of 98
latest reply

I have 1800 items in between two stores.  Ending my subscription in my other store early and going to pay the 1/3 fee - and am going to move everything over to one.  Times are tough.  Hang in there.

Message 86 of 98
latest reply

Change your original title to  "Nobody Shops on eBay Anymore"

If there were actually buyers here, they would have a chance to buy, but there are about half the buyers on eBay now, that there were in 2003 and 10-12 million more sellers.

The fact that this place still has the audacity to charge listing fees is incomprehensible.

Message 87 of 98
latest reply

This is a terribly only thread but unfortunately, still very relevant. China sellers have taken over. The reason used clothes/shoes/accessories won't sell is because China sells the very same thing brand new. (or so they say). I think the only buyers left on here are the sellers. We're buying each other's junk, lol. Maybe we should just list everything for free. Then it would go. 🙂

Message 88 of 98
latest reply

About aging women, I am about to turn 54 in three weeks and have been told I look in my late 30s.  I also look better than at least half the women half my age in the gym.  I am proud of how I am aging.  Now eBay - my feelings for it are a different story.........

Message 89 of 98
latest reply

I don't think so because I tried that, well, almost free. If you have no buyers or page views you can't give stuff away.
Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 90 of 98
latest reply