cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing but returns

From the end of April until now I have gotten returns on 20% of my items sold accounting for over 25% of total sales. It’s just overwhelming, return after return. Buyers just have no idea what they are buying, they don’t know the product or the fit, don’t know or care to compare measurements to items they already have. The quality of informed buyers seems to have left for greener pastures. On top of which sales in general are on a steep decline, with more returns, higher costs, less margin. It’s an untenable situation. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Nothing but returns

Agreed!  Returns are increasing with lies to get returned shipping paid by sellers.  What happened to the promised seller protection?? 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Nothing but returns

Seems you have (0) feedback score and NO listings, how do you get 20% returns on nothing?
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Nothing but returns

the have more than one id very common
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Nothing but returns

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Nothing but returns

If sellers are going to come here and complain about low or no sales, overwhelming amount of returns they should post with their selling ID.  Sometimes I think posts are made simply in fodder to get a rise out of sellers.  Not necessarily this one.   On the OP subject I list very little and my sales are steady.  Been that way for 21 years.  Ebay is all about what you are selling.  

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Nothing but returns

@doubledz-a2z wrote:

If sellers are going to come here and complain about low or no sales, overwhelming amount of returns they should post with their selling ID.  Sometimes I think posts are made simply in fodder to get a rise out of sellers.  Not necessarily this one.   On the OP subject I list very little and my sales are steady.  Been that way for 21 years.  Ebay is all about what you are selling.  

There are good reasons why some are just not comfortable in doing that.  It's a decision for each of us to make and there is no right or wrong answer.  I've known of sellers getting stalked or attacked by another poster on the threads that just didn't agree with them or had it out for them for one reason or another.

For some they are not willing to risk their selling account health for just posting a question, concern or opinion on any given subject.

That does of course leave us at a disadvantage when they post here.  We don't know if they really have the issue they speak of, the experience they may claim to have, are actually a seller, etc.  I've seen some posters that I know are buyers only, with no selling experience at all post as if they are sellers with experience.  I've seen posters that have not been active on Ebay as a buyer or a seller on Ebay for a long period of time just come here to stir things up for entertainment I'd guess.  But we should not assume that just because someone with a posting ID has no experience as I think that most of them actually do have the problems they express.  It is just a very few that don't.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Nothing but returns

They could at least state what categories they sell in, though, as some categories are prone to far more returns than others.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Nothing but returns

How is it "nothing but returns" when 25% of your total sales are returns.

That makes 75% sales with no return. Last I checked 25% returns 75% good sales is nowhere near "nothing but returns"

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Nothing but returns

@yuzuha wrote:

They could at least state what categories they sell in, though, as some categories are prone to far more returns than others.

A very valid point as it would add needed additional information to the discussion.  You are absolutely correct it could very well make a difference as to the experiences and advice offered.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 10 of 10
latest reply