cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non paying bidder wants to pay after ebay cancelled the sale.

After 4 days passed and an item was not paid for, ebay sent me a message saying that I successfully cancelled a sale. I did nothing, ebay cancelled the transaction. Now, the day after the cancellation, the bidder sent a message saying they want to pay. I would like to sell it to them, I need the money. How do I go about this and why is ebay cancelling the sale without consulting me first? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Non paying bidder wants to pay after ebay cancelled the sale.

@bigiron wrote:

After 4 days passed and an item was not paid for, ebay sent me a message saying that I successfully cancelled a sale. I did nothing, ebay cancelled the transaction. Now, the day after the cancellation, the bidder sent a message saying they want to pay. I would like to sell it to them, I need the money. How do I go about this and why is ebay cancelling the sale without consulting me first? 

Relist the item using the fixed price format and with immediate payment required. 

CONSERVITVS  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member since: 1996

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The proper way to handle this is to relist the item using BIN with Immediate Payment Required and provide the buyer with a link to the listing once it is available. 

As for the cancelation check you account settings to see if you have the following set under Selling Preferences, Preferences for Items Awaiting Payment. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1712228552277.png

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I see now that I needed to change my seller preference concerning non-paying bidders cancellations. I did that. It was set for ebay to cancel the deal if not paid within 4 days. Now, is it possible to let the non-paying bidder pay for the item? 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

That preference should work going forward, but it will not change the cancellation that already happened.  As mentioned, you will need to relist the item for the buyer to purchase again.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Follow the directions given by the other responders here.  In order for this to go more smoothly, would do fixed price, immediate payment required.  

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thanks kindly for your input.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

why is ebay cancelling the sale without consulting me first? 

Because your account settings instructed them to. 

How do I go about this

Exactly to way you sell an item to anyone else. Re-list the item and send them a link to the listing. 

Now, is it possible to let the non-paying bidder pay for the item? 

No, you must re-list the item. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply