cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No views

I used to be able to sell motorcycle and car parts fairly easily. Nowadays I'll list something and go weeks without any views. What gives? I will even use part numbers in the description and then go search for that and not see my item anywhere. Is this similar to Facebook marketplace where you have to pay extra to promote the item to get any attention? Fees are already sky high and now you need to pay ahead of time to get noticed? Or is there something I'm missing? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No views

1) You have very little inventory.  More inventory = more traffic.

2) You post you do not accept returns.  This will turn off a buyer.  Ebay will force you to refund/accept returns anyway.  Read the ebay buyer MBG - any policy you think you have is moot on ebay.  You may be getting shaded back in search results for not "accepting returns".

3) Check your pricing on items that are matching.  Sometimes you have to check several different ways to describe the item.  For example, I see new items matching a couple of things you posted for cheaper than your used items.  Consequently, having more expensive items will put you back in the search results.

4) Yes, there's a thing similar to that here called "Promoted Listings".  It's one facet, but not what seems to be the biggest issue.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

No views

Maybe if you posted more inventory you'd get more traffic.  Usually a variety will help.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

No views

1) You have very little inventory.  More inventory = more traffic.

2) You post you do not accept returns.  This will turn off a buyer.  Ebay will force you to refund/accept returns anyway.  Read the ebay buyer MBG - any policy you think you have is moot on ebay.  You may be getting shaded back in search results for not "accepting returns".

3) Check your pricing on items that are matching.  Sometimes you have to check several different ways to describe the item.  For example, I see new items matching a couple of things you posted for cheaper than your used items.  Consequently, having more expensive items will put you back in the search results.

4) Yes, there's a thing similar to that here called "Promoted Listings".  It's one facet, but not what seems to be the biggest issue.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply