cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No views or watchers on my items??

I'm having a ongoing issue with my sports cards that for some reason are showing anywhere from zero to 1 or 2 views for my numerous cards for sale. I promote all my items and always have and up to a month or so ago I had over 100 views for most items and all of a sudden everything like reset to around zero. I've called eBay twice, about 2 weeks apart and have been told same thing that there's a glitch and they're working on it. I've never went this long without a sale and feel pretty sure no one is seeing my promoted items any longer. Are many of you experiencing this same or similar issue? I wasn't overly concerned when I first spoke with them as they said they were aware of this "GLITCH" and it would be corrected soon but now 2 weeks later the problem(zero views) is the same and their reply is the same. This is kind of becoming a big deal or seems that way. I'm fairly new seller, started around Nov. of 2021 and was just getting ready to start selling my expensive cards but not sure right now. Can anyone enlighten me to what's happened or what's going on with this issue? Would appreciate any insight. Ty for your time!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: No views or watchers on my items??

If 1 or 2 people are looking; 

THAT IS HOW MANY IS LOOKING!

Ebay changed the count to be actual people. 

Before it was just 'bots' which didn't have any money in their pockets. 

List better

List More

List Cheaper

Don't list things people don't want

Not every card is wanted

etc. etc. etc. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I have decided to put more items together as a package with free shipping for the ones not selling. I notice the more in a lot the more lookers I get. Plus a sales comes then. Free shipping and auctions at one penny or .99 cents helps. Have to get a base for lookers. And buyers.  We can now look for repeat buyers for 2 years under "shipped and awaiting your feedback". I got a following and that is what I desire. I noticed for me single items don't sell if they are not rare.  I don't promote anything, forgive me eBay. I rather put that extra fee in my listings. Buyers can always find me.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Your card sales would probably be a lot better if you could come up with a consistent price you charge to ship a card. You have 38 cards/lots listed, 35 of which could go standard envelope and you have about 20 different shipping prices on them, everything from free to $5.50.

I use a cards shipping rule that charges 73 cents regardless of the number of cards the person buys. The extremely rare order that actually gets too big or expensive for standard envelope is always worth just paying the first class shipping on.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

So what your telling me is that when all my views went from say 125 views and 2 watching back to zero views and zero watching was caused by eBay removing bots which meant that was a totally bogus number of views all along right? And also this new number is the new accurate # of views on my items or in other words what is really going on as far as viewers go with my stuff. I appreciate you giving me the straight scoop, I really do. Thing is I also spoke directly to eBay support, twice and they called it a "glitch" both times and "they're working on it". Its not an easy task to get to actually speak with a human at eBay so I wish they would of been a little more honest with me regarding the bots you spoke about. Also if what you say is correct then I need to immediately cancel all promotions as all my items are promoted and there getting no views so its a waste of money for sure. Also I appreciate your recommendations on how to do better and it all makes sense. Thing is I'm just someone liquidating their collection and am just trying different things to see what works with my cheaper less popular stuff. I'm just now getting back my 100.00 + rookie cards from grading and will start listing those soon. Again I appreciate your input!! and would really like to know for sure if I'm understanding what you said about bots.                Thanks, tc,   Steve

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

What does a Brick Wall and the average eBay CSR have in common? 

Anyway; I am NOT guessing or making this up. It was and still is, in the 'Spring Announcement' (can be found in Announcements right here in this 'community Forum area) of all the changes. And one of the big ones was the removal of all 'bot' views and the change to 'rolling 30 day views'. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Ok buddy, lets not get **bleep**TY about it!!  You need to chill out a bit, I told you that I was a new seller so relax pal !!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for your reply, the putting of several items together makes sense but I've tried it several times but with not a lot of luck, let me give you a good example. I took an extremely popular player(Joe Montana) and put 3 different cards that are by no means rare and not graded but they all are in top condition. I put a very cheap price like 2.00 which I thought would make this package sell really quickly. I'm a Montana nut and would buy it just because it was so cheap and cards were mint condition. I believe I still have that group still listed but nada?? I have other groupings like that and the only thing I can conclude is they're just not getting eyeballs or maybe I need to be more patient and wait for football season to roll around again. That's the main reason I raised the question about views and how that all works now. I think what bothers me the most is now that I've learned about this bot thing is #1 Why eBay customer support didn't explain this to me weeks ago, they're explaining it as a glitch, maybe technically it is, idk? lol and #2 Being I've stepped up and promoted all my items, where's the promotion?? I'm getting zero views on most items! lol I guess I'll reach out to support again and ask about this promotion thing and no views. I almost 100% sure I can achieve zero views with no promotion. lol I'm feeling a bit like a sucker in regard to promotions but maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole issue, time will tell.                     Thanks again for ur help!  tc, Steve 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

In regard to your auctions for a .01, I did that and ended up paying postage and my time and giving a very nice card to someone that bid a .01. I like the auction thing but I think I'll save it for cards that are pretty hot or at least warm. Maybe I'm nuts but it seems to me the most important thing is to get eye's on your items so maybe I'm missing something in how I word the item I'm listing?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for your reply, the putting of several items together makes sense but I've tried it several times but with not a lot of luck, let me give you a good example. I took an extremely popular player(Joe Montana) and put 3 different cards that are by no means rare and not graded but they all are in top condition. I put a very cheap price like 2.00 which I thought would make this package sell really quickly. I'm a Montana nut and would buy it just because it was so cheap and cards were mint condition. I believe I still have that group still listed but nada?? I have other groupings like that and the only thing I can conclude is they're just not getting eyeballs or maybe I need to be more patient and wait for football season to roll around again. That's the main reason I raised the question about views and how that all works now. I think what bothers me the most is now that I've learned about this bot thing is #1 Why eBay customer support didn't explain this to me weeks ago, they're explaining it as a glitch, maybe technically it is, idk? lol and #2 Being I've stepped up and promoted all my items, where's the promotion?? I'm getting zero views on most items! lol I guess I'll reach out to support again and ask about this promotion thing and no views. I almost 100% sure I can achieve zero views with no promotion. lol I'm feeling a bit like a sucker in regard to promotions but maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole issue, time will tell.                     Thanks again for ur help!  tc, Steve 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply