cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No "Buy it Now" button

I have not sold much since 2012 or so and it was just a few Auto locksmith stuff. Now I am back to sell just a few things, so I made a listing and see no BIN option. I have 611 feedback so I know it can't be that. Have the rules been changed since?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: No "Buy it Now" button

@turnkeylocksmith   The new listing tool has an option for either Fixed Priced GTC (Good til cancelled) or Auction format.  Care to share a screen shot of your listing tool? 

You will also need to update your account information, specifically your bank account so eBay can send you the money from your sales ... they no longer use Paypal for Sellers to get paid.

Regards,

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Ok thanks. I will fix that

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Before you list anything, make sure you have registered a Managed Payments account.

While most of these go easily, it's best to cover all the bases before someone pays you and you find you can't access the money.

Protip:

All your names must match.
If your name is John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith, you cannot have a bank account as John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith, a Managed Payment account as J J  Jingleheimer Smith, and an eBay account as JJJ Smith.

It was not unusual in the past for people to fudge their names. I have one buying only account that still is in the name "J Jingleheimer" instead of "John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith" and it would be very very difficult to add Managed Payments to that without jumping through a lot of hoops, because MP has added more security to registration.

But I just looked at a random Fixed Price  listing and there were buttons for Buy It Now/ Add to Cart/ Make an Offer/ and Add to Watchlist.  These might not be available on the less popular Auction listings, although many Auctions do opt for either Make an Offer or Buy It Now.

On Auctions Offers and BIN are options and may not appear.

There have been a LOT of changes in the past 10 years, so start with something cheap you can mess up on without going broke.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply