cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Views

I do not get any views on my items, i have filled in everything, relist and Nothing.

i sell clothes and stuffed animals. 
what can i do to improve my selling Dashboard or is it just a hot and miss?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: No Views

your right not everything will sell on ebay anymore . Alot more items back in the day did , but bad ceo after bad ceo the customer pool has shrunk( loss of over 27% since 2018 179million to 132million ebay numbers not mine) so fewer customers lead to fewer items purchased which eguals fewer items desired ... common since but the CEO's at ebay have yet to figure that out ... remember the pandemic they couldnt even retain those customers,  as soon as it was over , even more left and more and more ... sad 

GOOD LUCK !!!

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

@jasoheat_0 wrote:

why should someone use there social media to promote ebay , when we are already promoting on ebay( for them to promote an item ) . Unless ebay promotion do not work any longer ( then why promote probably true as promoted items seem to take months to sell USELESS). Is ebay paying people to promote ebay ? Sell on your own social media pages your self and bypass the ebay fee's ( even cheaper if you use FB or other platform fees ) .... sorry doesnt make any sense , especially when they list other promoted ads to your listings. 

sorry always saw this as crazy , my opinion 

You aren't promoting Ebay, you are promoting the items you sell.  It is a choice each of us can make to do it or not.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 17 of 27
latest reply

@jasoheat_0 wrote:

your right not everything will sell on ebay anymore . Alot more items back in the day did , but bad ceo after bad ceo the customer pool has shrunk( loss of over 27% since 2018 179million to 132million ebay numbers not mine) so fewer customers lead to fewer items purchased which eguals fewer items desired ... common since but the CEO's at ebay have yet to figure that out ... remember the pandemic they couldnt even retain those customers,  as soon as it was over , even more left and more and more ... sad 

GOOD LUCK !!!

Back in the day [pre 2015], there weren't as many sellers nor as many listings.  We now have plenty of competition on the site.  That has a lot to do with it whether you recognize it or not.

Yes Fewer buyers and MORE listings.  It is a problem for most of us.

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

@jasoheat_0 ,

The biggest reason why most things on eBay doesn’t sell is the number of items listed on eBay today versus 5 years, versus 10 years, or versus 15 years has grown exponentially in every category. Especially antiques, clothing, and trading cards.

In my opinion in order to do well today you have find a niche and specialize in it. That way you can create a following and have a bunch of repeat customers. For example I have almost 2,000 followers and a third of my business is from repeat customers.

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

STILL CRAZY( in my opinion )  when you can list it yourself and sell it with out the buyer seeing other ebay promoted listings , ebay wants to show them ( and possibly lose a sale ).... but go ahead and promote other seller ads for other sellers , not me  

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

sales would still be lower even if there wasn't as many sellers , 27% fewer customers  make for fewer sale  period......... simple economics 

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

@roadrunnerresales 
  It's hit and miss with no rhyme or reason (known to us mortals anyway).
You can blame it on MANY different things.  But the main issue is search results due to Promoted Listings and Item Specifics and how the search program sorts and filters on it's own

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

@jasoheat_0 wrote:

STILL CRAZY( in my opinion )  when you can list it yourself and sell it with out the buyer seeing other ebay promoted listings , ebay wants to show them ( and possibly lose a sale ).... but go ahead and promote other seller ads for other sellers , not me  

I don't use promoted listings.  It isn't anything that interests me.  But for some sellers it works great.  It is a choice.  I just wish we had a choice if the adds showed up in our listing !!!

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@jasoheat_0 wrote:

sales would still be lower even if there wasn't as many sellers , 27% fewer customers  make for fewer sale  period......... simple economics 

I don't agree with that.  With less sellers come less listings.  So buyers don't have to go through so many options.  

I get it and I previous said that the number of buyers is problematic, especially when that number keeps going down.  Which is why when a buyer posts on a thread they are concerned about selling to a new member I remind them that if we don't attract new members we can't survive in the long run.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

I know.  But there WAS a bunch of us. We all hung out in art dolls. I think that was it.

Most of the collectors knew where to find us all. They eliminated that- so I am lost in a sea of dolls with chewed off fingernails. 😀 I get views when I first list- then it flat lines. Feel like I am in battle with ai.

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

Clothes and stuffed animals are in the top categories of people not wanting, or just plain oversaturated. Nothing you can do except be the lowest price seller.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

@theteamsetguy wrote:

The biggest reason why most things on eBay doesn’t sell is the number of items listed on eBay today versus 5 years, versus 10 years, or versus 15 years has grown exponentially in every category. Especially antiques, clothing, and trading cards.

Not to mention that the buyer bases for numerous types of items are quite literally shrinking as the older buyers who collected that sort of thing die off/downsize. When few younger buyers want that type of thing, you get a glut of them on the market and very few sales.

My local thrift is always chock full of stuff like Hummel and Precious Moments figurines, Thomas Kinkade plates, etc. No one wants those these days even at $2 a pop.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply