cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sales

Hello, fellow eBayers.  I am not new to eBay, I have been a member since 2003.  I did stop for a while for personal reasons.  A month ago I decided to start selling again.  Various collectibles such as sports cards, Hot Wheel cars, etc.  I have no sales, low numbers viewing.  I placed a site on Facebook showing my items that are active and I am getting nothing.  Any suggestions anyone may have or if other sellers are seeing the same thing I truly would be grateful.

Offering sports cards and wonderful collectibles at a great price.
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: No Sales

@apaisleygirl wrote:

This should be the busy season and I have barely had 1 sale a day the last week. I went from 8 to 12  day to one a day.. I dont get it! Things should be flying out the doors right now.. the one decent sale I had yep new buyer return UGH.. so frustrating. 

@apaisleygirl

Maybe you can help me understand something. Your sold items history shows 180 sales since July 21, which covers 73 days; that's an average of fewer than 3 per day, but you believe you were averaging 8-12. And you've averaged 2/day for the past week, but you think you're only averaging one. What am I missing?

Message 31 of 64
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

You've been active on the forums for two years, but you're still not aware of posting IDs? That's odd.thatsallfolks ---------unquote 

I've only been active in these forums a month or so ,,not two years .Its possible I may have made a comment here two years ago ,, but I wasn't actively coming in every month  or even every year .

Ok. Many active posters use a separate ID to avoid having rogue members mess with their selling accounts. Unfortunately, it has happened to some people, with very damaging results.

Message 32 of 64
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@gsn13579 wrote:

I NEVER comment on these slow sales threads...

But I have consistently done $300.00 to $500.00 dollars on this account over the past year,and I have NOT had a single sale since  August the 10th on this account... And what I sell on this account are fairly low price point items so my volume in transaction count is some where between 35 and 60 items a month...

23 days without one (1) sale..

I finally called ebay  on the 30th of August ,they claim nothing is wrong,and my  items are visible...

I get a slow down,but completely STOPING,something is wrong...

I'll take a guess that you meant September 10. You've actually had 2 sales, but it is quite a slowdown. What did last September look like?

Yes I meant September 10th... Your partially right I had one sale after the 10th of September, on September the 20th for $5.99

September 2016 I had $300.00+ in sales, in 2017 this september I had $102.00 with sales stoping on the 10th,w ith the exception of that one sale for $5.99 on the 20th..

Message 33 of 64
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@apaisleygirl wrote:

This should be the busy season and I have barely had 1 sale a day the last week. I went from 8 to 12  day to one a day.. I dont get it! Things should be flying out the doors right now.. the one decent sale I had yep new buyer return UGH.. so frustrating. 

@apaisleygirl

Maybe you can help me understand something. Your sold items history shows 180 sales since July 21, which covers 73 days; that's an average of fewer than 3 per day, but you believe you were averaging 8-12. And you've averaged 2/day for the past week, but you think you're only averaging one. What am I missing?

You can't trust looking at a seller's sold listings. If you look at mine, it says 47 sold, but my actual figures are higher at 87 sold in this account for the past 90 days.  It's been messed up for months now.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 34 of 64
latest reply

Didn’t  know I had to report but multi platform and account selling..

Michelle Perkins
Message 35 of 64
latest reply

@apaisleygirl wrote:

Didn’t  know I had to report but multi platform and account selling..

I asked because your eBay sales seem fairly steady. I think the other folks are posting here about their eBay sales. Thanks for clearing that up.

Message 36 of 64
latest reply

I am wondering whether sales are down because someone  evil  took   over Search  recntly and  knowcked a lot of sellers right off Seach.

I say this  because  of  a  bad experience I had  with  Search myself last  week.  I was searching for some Green ballpoint  pens.  (I need  to  buy  unusual  colors--so Ican highlight certain  documents  I need  to  refer to regularly--and my  eyesight has  gotten bad.)   I tried  3  different times---but according to  Search,   there  were no longer any Ebay  sellers  who  were selling this   item. 

I reluctantly went elsewhhere---and  I saw  a  site  that listed "assorted color" pens.  So  I came back  here---and as  soon  as  I typed in  Assorted  ballpoints---a large number of  sellers   suddenly  showed up--and many included Green in  their packs of  pens---so  I was  finally  able to  get  what  I wanted---right here.  Smiley Indifferent

I am  finding Search harder and harder to  work   with on  Ebay. 

Message 37 of 64
latest reply

In the 1st 3 weeks of September I was on pace to have one of my best months.  Then the bottom came.  Since September 28th to now I have only 2 sales.  Since i been selling on here this has never happened.  I called EBAY today and got a person on the phone that was interested in my plight.  He looked at my listings and he said everything looks good.  I have my store on sale, I have a mixture of Auctions and fixed prices and free and paid shipping mixture.  He said he thought since I was a TRS+  I should have more views.  I mentioned every time there is a seller update I go 2 or 3 days without a sale not 8 days.  He said he thought maybe the update has done something with my site he was going to look into it and get back to me today.  So far he has not.  If he does I will come back and let you know what he says.

I find it interesting that this happens when they update things.  Does anyone else see that????

Thanks

Jeff

Message 38 of 64
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

I do not agree that you have to "list more" to get sales.jonathankind --

Its list more to get more sales . I believe that's basic math  if I'm not mistaken. 

This is the type of response that got people so heated on the other thread.  It's not what we say but how we say it!

Message 39 of 64
latest reply

My sales have fallen too - but we've had some devastating weather in 2 large consumer states - wildfires out west and tons of social/political movements that have people glued to their TVs and internets - I don't expect good holiday sales this year when many people have to rebuild their homes and are salvaging what little they can. Instead of buying - they are getting lots of donations.

Message 40 of 64
latest reply

All accounts and all my platforms are down. My sales seem steady on the one page but they are not.. I had clusters of larger days and then tapered off into one a day the last few days. its not even its in bursts of every other day and then there were not bursts anymore. Anything on the theory of ebay "turning on and off stores?"

Michelle Perkins
Message 41 of 64
latest reply

I have noticed over the last 20 years (started selling in 1998 on my older acct) that after big storms, political things (ex: katrina, 9/11, elections, shootings) anytime Americans get nervous as a whole selling stops however: the wierdest thing is a lot of my sales during Irma went to Miami (wierd)

Michelle Perkins
Message 42 of 64
latest reply

This is the type of response that got people so heated on the other thread.  It's not what we say but how we say it!  tunicaslot  - unquote  -------------------------------

And  some posters forget that same mantra  goes BOTH ways . I'm sorry  but it seems like  only certain replies are considered rude  but  also seem to be labeled  carefully  as such  out of personal bias by some people   . Rudeness,  unprovoked and  unexplainable hostility  has abounded  in these   forums from all kinds of people .  . My own ''rude''  comments  came AFTER   statements were made ABOUT  me like   - QUOTE '' She has acknowleged what she's doing is  wrong  over and over but refuses to  take our  advice''  . UNQUOTE --- However the facts are  I never acknowleged any such thing ,, and furthermore I proved that I didn't . Its also been claimed  that I'm just bored and lonely and that's why I come to the forum UNQUOTE ,, but that isn't the truth either  . Its also been claimed  that I only post comments for attention ,UNQUOTE  when in fact I'm only responding to messages people send me first,, not to get attention.  . So another lie . I've been accused of criminal activity when nobody knows for absolute certain that is even  true . In fact everything I said in defense  of my sale items  using just basic polite  common sense was met with just more and more negativity and  nasty accusations  . Its as though if you come to this forum asking a simple polite question  to get help ,,you then become a sitting duck for insults , rude comments  and false assumptions  without any  provocation  what so ever at the onset . So my question is pretty simple .  Why are some people attacked for defending themselves  but  others are  allowed to make false accusations and outright lie about the motives of people they don't personally know and even assume what their  personal lives are all about ?  Why is that okay  but if you defend yourself in return that's a big no no ?  I've been a buyer and seller on e bay for 21 years , I'm also an e bay affiliate,,  so here's my second question that I don't know the answer to  . How are people suppose to respond who  have been insulted , accused  and  ridiculed  inside these forums ? You tell me . Thank you 

Message 43 of 64
latest reply

They're supposed to respond by reporting the insults. 

Message 44 of 64
latest reply

NHFD..

I am afraid you have  to look at  everything that  CS person  told you---with great  skepticism.  The people  who work  at those  call   centers  have  almost no  training at all  in  how  Ebay  works.  And I think  the  person  you  were talking  to--had no clue at  all  about why your  sales  are  down.   And  OF  C OURS E,     he  did not  call  you  back--because he has not  done any  investigation  on   your  account.  Smiley SadSmiley Sad

Message 45 of 64
latest reply