cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sales

Hello, fellow eBayers.  I am not new to eBay, I have been a member since 2003.  I did stop for a while for personal reasons.  A month ago I decided to start selling again.  Various collectibles such as sports cards, Hot Wheel cars, etc.  I have no sales, low numbers viewing.  I placed a site on Facebook showing my items that are active and I am getting nothing.  Any suggestions anyone may have or if other sellers are seeing the same thing I truly would be grateful.

Offering sports cards and wonderful collectibles at a great price.
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: No Sales

If that's the case, try to add as many items are you can up to your limit. If you are already there, then I would remove some higher priced and add some lower prices.odditiessandantique - unquote ----------------  

Good advice , bump up inventory AND  make sure prices are competitive . The more good  lower priced  items  are available  the higher the chance of making a sell . The sellers with the most  successful experience  know these are great methods . Otherwise all sellers would only be listing 6 or 7 things and then kick back  and wait .

Message 16 of 64
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

Theoretically, the OP has already listed things they believe people will want. That's resulted in 3 sales totaling less than $15 in more than a month, and they had free shipping on one of them. Listing more stuff won't get them very far. -thatsallfolks ---- unquote ----------------------------

The op has  listed very few items for sale please bear in mind  .  The fact he's sold even three items is remarkable considering he had so few things for sale  in the first place . Therefore there's  absolutely nothing  that would indicate  by adding more of the same for sale   would mean '' it won't get him very far. Obviously there's a market for what the op sells  , he just needs to bump up his inventory . 

Since August, OP has 35 completed listings, with 3 sales. Biggest sale was less than $8 with free shipping. Eight out of eight 99 cent auctions got no bids. Seven out of seven listings that were $5 including shipping went unbought.

But "obviously there's a market for what the OP sells".

OK, sure.

Message 17 of 64
latest reply

But "obviously there's a market for what the OP sells". turquoise-------------------------------------unquote 

OK, sure. that'sallfolks ------------------------------unquote 

The only thing the OP needs to do is tweak  his prices and increase his inventory . He sells mainly toys  and some are NIP.  With the holidays [especially Christmas ] fast approaching there is no reason to believe if he just takes some of  the advice he's been given by some of the more seasoned sellers   responding in this thread ,,   his business won't improve . In fact he began this thread asking for advice  so I assume he's willing to consider all the suggestions .  So in saying this ,,  I must say I don't understand the  constant negativity  in your replies about this matter . It's a bit surprising . 

Message 18 of 64
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

But "obviously there's a market for what the OP sells". turquoise-------------------------------------unquote 

OK, sure. that'sallfolks ------------------------------unquote 

The only thing the OP needs to do is tweak  his prices and increase his inventory . He sells mainly toys  and some are NIP.  With the holidays [especially Christmas ] fast approaching there is no reason to believe if he just takes some of  the advice he's been given by some of the more seasoned sellers   responding in this thread ,,   his business won't improve . In fact he began this thread asking for advice  so I assume he's willing to consider all the suggestions .  So in saying this ,,  I must say I don't understand the  constant negativity  in your replies about this matter . It's a bit surprising . 

As a "seasoned seller", I'm asking how his prices should be "tweaked"?

Message 19 of 64
latest reply

Me too.....I have been an eBay seller for almost 18 years and this is the worst month ever! Can't figure it out!!
Message 20 of 64
latest reply

As a "seasoned seller", I'm asking how his prices should be "tweaked"? thatsallfolks - unquote -----------

By making them more competive with  sellers who sell the same type of items as another poster here suggested . He can also try straight up BIN rather than auctions. 

Message 21 of 64
latest reply

My sales have been down 20% to 30% since April 2017 compared to 2016.  And I have MORE items listed than last year - quite a few more actually.  

Message 22 of 64
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

As a "seasoned seller", I'm asking how his prices should be "tweaked"? thatsallfolks - unquote -----------

By making them more competive with  sellers who sell the same type of items as another poster here suggested . He can also try straight up BIN rather than auctions. 

No kidding. Does that mean tweak them up or down? And why advise the OP to try BIN when most of their current and past listings have already been BIN? (The completed BINS just dropped off their history today; there were about 25 of them)

Message 23 of 64
latest reply

No kidding. Does that mean tweak them up or down? And why advise the OP to try BIN when most of their current and past listings have already been BIN? (The completed BINS just dropped off their history today; there were about 25 of them) thatsallfolks -------------- 

Tweaking  the prices up or  down is up to the OP to decide after he takes a look at what other sellers  are listing their like  items for .  Furthermore the advice he's received by other sellers here seems a bit more encourging  than  the translated version  of  ''just give up , you'll never get anywhere '' . Just asking,,, but when you said you're a seasoned seller  did you mean a seasoned e bay seller ? because you've only been a member for about a year and have zero feedback from what I can tell .

Message 24 of 64
latest reply

Hey Im Frank. a lot of what I am going to say is speculation, so bare with me, and most important part about posting here is to use your own judgement because people will be overly honest sometimes.

eBay recently made some major changes to their system. If I were ebay, I would do the same thing, because market saturation has become an issue. basically, the way I see things, is ebay will display your item in the search results, then if someone does the same search 1 minute later, NOT display it. WHY!?! because they are giving all of the sellers a fair opportunity to close the deal. Now, in items like you and I sell, the market is definitely saturated, and one way around that is, as other people have said to list more. MORE MORE MORE!!! Best of luck, feel free to ask any questions 🙂

Everybody wants to be a beast, until it's time to do what beasts do.
Message 25 of 64
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

No kidding. Does that mean tweak them up or down? And why advise the OP to try BIN when most of their current and past listings have already been BIN? (The completed BINS just dropped off their history today; there were about 25 of them) thatsallfolks -------------- 

Tweaking  the prices up or  down is up to the OP to decide after he takes a look at what other sellers  are listing their like  items for .  Furthermore the advice he's received by other sellers here seems a bit more encourging  than  the translated version  of  ''just give up , you'll never get anywhere '' . Just asking,,, but when you said you're a seasoned seller  did you mean a seasoned e bay seller ? because you've only been a member for about a year and have zero feedback from what I can tell .

You've been active on the forums for two years, but you're still not aware of posting IDs? That's odd.

Message 26 of 64
latest reply

I NEVER comment on these slow sales threads...

But I have consistently done $300.00 to $500.00 dollars on this account over the past year,and I have NOT had a single sale since  August the 10th on this account... And what I sell on this account are fairly low price point items so my volume in transaction count is some where between 35 and 60 items a month...

23 days without one (1) sale..

I finally called ebay  on the 30th of August ,they claim nothing is wrong,and my  items are visible...

I get a slow down,but completely STOPING,something is wrong...

Message 27 of 64
latest reply

@gsn13579 wrote:

I NEVER comment on these slow sales threads...

But I have consistently done $300.00 to $500.00 dollars on this account over the past year,and I have NOT had a single sale since  August the 10th on this account... And what I sell on this account are fairly low price point items so my volume in transaction count is some where between 35 and 60 items a month...

23 days without one (1) sale..

I finally called ebay  on the 30th of August ,they claim nothing is wrong,and my  items are visible...

I get a slow down,but completely STOPING,something is wrong...

I'll take a guess that you meant September 10. You've actually had 2 sales, but it is quite a slowdown. What did last September look like?

Message 28 of 64
latest reply

This should be the busy season and I have barely had 1 sale a day the last week. I went from 8 to 12  day to one a day.. I dont get it! Things should be flying out the doors right now.. the one decent sale I had yep new buyer return UGH.. so frustrating. 

Michelle Perkins
Message 29 of 64
latest reply

You've been active on the forums for two years, but you're still not aware of posting IDs? That's odd.thatsallfolks ---------unquote 

I've only been active in these forums a month or so ,,not two years .Its possible I may have made a comment here two years ago ,, but I wasn't actively coming in every month  or even every year .

Message 30 of 64
latest reply