cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New weird problem with eBay's new format. Shows wrong product information.

Here is an example of the problem.

In this original eBay format it shows my title correctly that the color of this item is "Dazzling White"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113285354644

In the NEW format eBay links to the same exact item it FALSELY declares that the color is "Titanium Bronze"

https://www.ebay.com/p/1734585874?iid=113285354644

Why is eBay putting false information on my ad?

If the customer uses the new format eBay link I suppose this could cause a lot of problems with items being returned claiming that it was not as described even though my original title is correct.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: New weird problem with eBay's new format. Shows wrong product information.

That is not only weird but wrong to do that.  I read the listings  twice to made sure I had the right seller.  How can E-bay justify changing your listing?  This is a SNAD in the making and totally E-bay's fault.

COYOTES RULE!!!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

That's the new product page and it's associated your listing with that page which defines the color as t bronze.  there's a very light little gray flag at the bottom at the right after your info.  If you click on that, it should give you  an option to remove your item from that page.  It can take some time to be removed as supposedly a real person has to remove it.  If it never gets removed, you can complain on the product page board........which sometimes works. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

So is there a setting to never allow eBay to do this?

I have hundreds of listings and I know some sellers have thousands.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It isn't a new thing (6 months or more?), and there is no way for the seller to control it other than as getting the catalog fixed as dhbookds suggested.

Buyers can mitigate it by avoiding the catalog via some manipulations in their browsers (as I do) to never see any catalog garbage, but requires the use of browser addons, rulesets, redirects, and eBay pages and URL parameters that may be deprecated any day, so of no use to the seller (I'm one out of 100,000 that does so, the rest of buyers are unaware, and can't or won't jump through the hoops required to control their eBay experience themselves)

Message 5 of 5
latest reply