Did you mean: 

New rise specific for jeans

So I have noticed a new rise specific for jeans

Ultra Low (less than 6.5”)

Low ( 6.5-8.5”)

Mid (8.5 -10.5”)

High (Greater than 10.5”)

A few issues with this

first of all none of the rise specifics I had previously entered have been carried over meaning I now have hundreds of listings to individually edit AGAIN (I don’t see how hard it would be to put “low” if the seller had previously entered low

Second....these are measurements for ALL jeans of all sizes for adults AND children!

A 10” front rise will be high for children, mid rise for smaller women’s sizes and low for larger women’s sizes!

Again it seems there has been a change without consultation of any person who actually lists clothing for sale

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: New rise specific for jeans

Same issue - the rises aren't accurate - a high rise for smaller sizes is much lower than 10.5", very inaccurate and will cause a lot of returns I'm afraid.  They did not bother to take into account that size difference affects rise.  Going to make it hard for people to search what they are looking for clearly.  I wish they had left rise how it was, or at least understood sizing better, especially after they FINALLY fixed the jeans sizing and included all regular sizes after a year without them.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Why don’t they just consult with ONE focus group of fashion category sellers before they make changes?? Just one! I already have buyers sending confused messages because I have size Specific AND waist size specific not to mention the measurements I put in the description 

cant wait for the front rise questions and INADS from this new change

I’m just listed a pair of size 14 jeans with a 10” front rise

I’m putting it as a low rise because they ARE low rise but the measurements they have added next to low rise do not match

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

they treat everything as if it's electronics.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

The good news is that most people have no idea what a "rise" is and fewer know how to measure it.  I sold jeans in my stores for decades and I would have no idea how to measure a rise.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@m60driver wrote:

The good news is that most people have no idea what a "rise" is and fewer know how to measure it.  I sold jeans in my stores for decades and I would have no idea how to measure a rise.

@m60driver 

Well, you must not be a girl. LOL

With such a personal item (jeans!), EVERY measurement is important. I agree that eBay's standards and my standards don't necessarily match... so I list the actual measurement (center of crotch seam to top of waistband) of all the jeans I sell in my descriptions. So far, I haven't had a return. Wish me continued success!

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I'd ignore the ridiculous IS.  For a while they had 'shade' as an IS, i.e., shade of colour - man was THAT a dumb idea! 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Rather than use the defaults.........it does have a place to "enter your own"........

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Then your item doesn't show up if they are using the item specifics to search.  So if they want a high rise, and you write your own, it won't be shown in search results.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@sallyjeffers257  And everyone reading this be sure to give your feedback to the team that handles item specifics.  You can email them here:

sdsupport@eBay.com

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@fashionerdsta wrote:

Then your item doesn't show up if they are using the item specifics to search.  So if they want a high rise, and you write your own, it won't be shown in search results.

True.........but if they are searching for High Rise (greater than 10.5").....what good is your listing High Rise 8" going to be? 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

For me front and BACK rise measurements are not only important but necessary. 

I know the rises on some levi's and lucky's but if it is a brand I do not have then I will pass without both in the listing. 

With my body type (the 'junk in the trunk' type) I need a low or mid rise  with 5-6" more back rise than in the front. There are some brands like Gloria Vanderbilt that typically have nearly an identical front and back rise. On me that means flashing butt clevage while having to roll down the waist band in front. 

High rise jeans I will not buy at all. Not only are they unflattering unless you always remain standing. They also hurt, I bend and twist a lot through the day and they put pressure on the small floating ribs. Even back when they first were in style and I was much thinner I would end up feeling bruised in that area.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I really don't like all these specifics, especially when i sell jeans for $5. Besides all the extra time with all kinds of measurements, it could be a reason for return if a measurement is off. Many of the new item specifics are silly. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply