cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New eBay Stamps and Tracking Labels

I am figuring that the new shipping /tracking label at 63 cents from Ebay  is NOT for non-machinable mail.

I know that a non-machinable stamp costing $1.03 does not include a tracking label.

What would it take to make the Ebay $.63 tracking label non-machinable? 

Could adding the difference of 40 cents get a non-machinable tracking label?

OR do I need to to add a $1.03 non-tracking stamp to the 63 cent eBay label? Making it $1.66.

OR is it even possible? (Why did eBay fail to address this?)

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: New eBay Stamps and Tracking Labels

The whole tracking system with the eBay standard envelope program relies on the envelopes being able to be machine sorted because that is how they get scanned. Mail carriers don't manually scan them like most packages... when they go through the machines that is when the eBay system can get information that the post office has your item thus insuring you if the buyer claims it's not received.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

A standard envelope has to be flat...bendable...and under 1/4 inch per the USPS post office.

The standard eBay envelope at .63 might make it to its destination if you follow those rules.

These standard eBay envelopes go as "metered mail" and only eBay sees the tracking.

eBay has added where a seller can now add more items to this eBay standard envelope.

Guess we will see how that works in the coming months.

My suggestion is taking a shipping item to your post office ready to be mailed and asking a few questions on how to mail something.

The post office has rules and regulations and the USPS sets the rules.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Yes I understand. What if a Non-Machinable $1.03 stamp was added to the .63 eBay standard-would that make it a non-machinable/tracking label mailing? thereby making it hand stampable.? $1.66 total.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply